Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I move documents between separate spaces (different companies)

In the Main 'switch to' menu under confluence I have two spaces. 

These belong to a company that is splitting in two in the near future. 

See the screenshot below.

I have a lot of documents in space 2, the older 'head' company so to speak, that I need to move to space 1, the new second company.  

How can I do this? 

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 10.39.29.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan Community Leader Sep 01, 2021

Hi @Paul Mallon ,

Do you want to migrate specific spaces in Confluence across sites?

If you are moving spaces from another Confluence Cloud site, use the space import included on this page.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/import-a-confluence-cloud-space-to-an-existing-cloud-site-724765531.html

This is exactly what I was looking for! 

Thank you!

0 votes

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The "switch to" is referring to swapping between separate systems (if you have access to multiple Confluences or Jiras, all of them appear on this list).  The drop-down you are showing here that lists space 1 and space 2 is a convenience for jumping into specific spaces in the Confluence listed.

You can't "move" pages from one Confluence to another without doing export/import/delete, but that isn't the question here.

To move a page or set of pages, you use the "move" function that is in the option menu (the ... near the top right) on the page you want to move, and tell it the new space to take it to.    You'll need write access in the target space.  The dialogue box also lets you do some re-arranging directly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Presenter Mode for Confluence is here 🖥 👩‍💻

👋  Hello Community!  My name is Stephanie Zhang, and I’m a product manager on the Confluence cloud team. Today, I’m excited to announce the rollout of  Presenter Mode : a ...

79,869 views 126 302
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you