How can I expose just 1 page in a Space to a user or user group?

Jerry Harris November 15, 2019

I have a space in which I want to permit a group access to a few pages. Not the whole space, just a few pages. I've tried the following: 
* Use page restrictions to grant access to the page for the group
  >> Doesn't work w/o setting some space permissions. 

* I tried granting the group space permissions to add comments only, but Confluence quietly ignores my attempts to save this and will delete the group entry if I don't have "View All" permission selected. 
  >> Requiring View All defeats the purpose of what I'm trying to accomplish. 

I've had to create a separate space. 

Is what I'm trying to accomplish possible? It seems that Confluence requires View All selected. 

2 answers

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

Jerry,

A couple questions in order to provide a knowledgeable response:

• Are the people you want to share the pages with internal users on your Confluence system?
  • Does it matter if the viewers of the pages you want to share can see the space Home page?

The answer at best will not be pretty, as it will involve setting a lot of restrictions that will be hard to manage later. At worst, the separate space idea will be your best solution.

Darryl

0 votes
Jerry Harris November 15, 2019

It seems this is a duplicate of https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-make-public-just-a-single-page-from-private-space/qaq-p/758658

I suspect this wouldn't work in my case since I would need to make all top-level pages restricted. I'm not sure if Confluence would honor making "public" one page at a lower level in the space's page hierarchy. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events