Find a list of pages created with a specific global template

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

(I did read the answer to this, but it seems specific to out of box templates, so I'm hoping for a different answer here.)

Is there any way to find a list of pages that were created with a custom global template? I recently took over as admin of a Confluence site that previously was completely open to everyone in the company, and we now have dozens of custom global templates, which really clutters up the Create dialog. I'd love to be able to get rid of them, but would like to be able to quickly audit how many pages have been created with each, where those pages live, and how recently they were created.

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2020

Hi @Esther Strom ,

Unfortunately, the answer you found is applicable regardless of the template.

You could only address this on a go forward basis by adding distinct labels to all existing templates. That doesn't address existing content though, and labels can be removed...

Suggestion - 

Reach out to your most prolific page creators and find out which templates are heavily used. for templates that do not receive responses, modify their name by putting an "X" or a "Z" in front, which will push those templates down to the bottom of the list. Not perfect and not pretty, but it's a start.

Darryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events