Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excerpt Include Macro not working properly?

Marco Bohmbach March 11, 2020

I just created an excerpt on a page (new editor) and wanted to include it on a page (new editor). While doing so I noticed that "Remove Surrounding Panel" does not work.

Then I wanted to include an excerpt from a page (old editor) on a page (new editor), which unfortunately did not work at all. In the preview the picture was shown to me but it didn't work on the page.

Are these known errors?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2020

Hello Marco,

Thank you for reporting this.

I've seen this behavior myself, and it's been reported as the following bug:

• CONFCLOUD-68395 "Remove Surrounding Panel" option from Excerpt Include macro doesn't work

It's on our long-term backlog for the new editor. If you no longer have the legacy editor, you can contact our Cloud Support team and see about getting it re-enabled on your site, so you don't lose this feature until it's been fixed.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Sanjay Srikonda February 2, 2021

This was reported in MARCH 12, 2020, it's almost a YEAR later and this is STILL broken??

I am trying to use the excerpt include macro and turn off the Remove Surrounding Panel option and guess what, it doesn't work. Doesn't work at all. I'm using the new editor, never had the old editor. I'm on the hosted version of Confluence and this is BROKEN, BROKEN, BROKEN.

Is this ever going to be fixed?

Like # people like this
Robert Hedrick January 27, 2022

If you can find an excerpt-include that's working somewhere, you can copy-paste it where you want a new one.  Then, edit the excerpt-include, placing the page with the excerpt in it you want into the "Page Containing the Excerpt *" field.  Worked for me.

I agree that this is an unreasonable workaround and the issue should be fixed.

Like # people like this
Sholto Macpherson July 14, 2022

Thanks for the workaround Robert.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events