Display milestone dates on a gantt chart

Gian Franco Morassutti July 18, 2022

Hello,

I have created a Gantt Chart in one of my pages and I included the names of the project leads, start dates and end dates. For each project, I want to capture a milestone called launch date, which is a date somewhere in between the start date and the end date. I have looked at many resources but they all point me to add the completion ratio. Is there any way I can just add start date, end date and just the launch date displayed with a star? like it's a milestone? or If I can do it like It was adding the completion ratio, which splits the project with the different color inner lines then that would be wonderful. Any thoughts? and thank you so much for your help

2 answers

4 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2022

Hi @Gian Franco Morassutti ,

I can suggest trying the Chart from Table macro provided by the app that our company develops - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

It's Gantt chart allows you to show both stars and lines, besides you will be able to create a chart based not only on manually created table but on the dynamic Jira Issues macro as well (you may check here for an example).

0 votes
Peet July 26, 2023

I've been trying all day, but unfortunately I can't put the stars/Milestones on the bar as it is shown on the website Source: Gantt chart type (stiltsoft.com)

What works is that the stars are displayed in the phase (Sprint 1,2,...), as it is also described on the website. But I haven't found any description how to put the stars directly behind the one special task. For example is displayed in the tasks EC92 = RC 1 or EC 86 = RC 2 

2019-09-23_12h02_52

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2023

Hi @Peet ,

The stars/milestones are put without the specification of the tasks (phases). As usual, it's supposed that your phases go one by one within the specific project, so they form a kind of a line where the stars are placed subsequently according to their dates:

Wed 11-1.png

If your phases overlap each other, then the stars are placed differently:

Wed 11-2.png

If there is one task that covers the date of the milestone, then the star is placed on this task (Project 1, Task 1 and Project 1, Task 3). If there are several tasks, then the star is placed on the closest to the X axis task (the lowest task line). The same goes to the milestones that stand without any tasks on the timeline.

So, indeed milestones are specified only by your projects and not the specific tasks inside them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events