Delete a space not possible

Jonathan Courtoy October 23, 2019

Hello,

I've created an empty space for test. But now, I would like to remove it and use a project space instead of the previous one.

But I don't have the right to manage the space (my user doesn't seem to be an administrator, but I'm a site-administrator). How can I remove it ?

In comparaison, in the new project space, I can manage it and I'm an automatic administrator.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
PVS
Banned
October 23, 2019

Hi @Jonathan Courtoy 

To delete a space:

1. Go to the space and choose Space tools > Overview on the sidebar.
  2. Choose Delete Space.
  3. Choose OK.

If your space is using the Documentation theme:

1. Choose Browse > Space Admin at the top of the screen. 
    Note: The 'Space Admin' option appears only if you are a space administrator for the space or you are a super user (a member of the confluence-administrators group).
  2. Choose Delete Space in the space administration options.
  3. Choose OK.

Thank you for your response @PVS  , but I already seen this page.

Unfortunately, when I click on "Space settings" (it's not "Space tools" in my version), I can see the "Space Details" tab, but it's the only one I can see. This behavior is only for the space I want to delete. For my new one, I can delete the space without any problem.

For a test purpose, I created a new "Empty space" and open the "Space settings". I can delete it. So it's only the one I created first. For all the following spaces, it's OK.

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

@Jonathan Courtoy , it sounds like there's a permission issue involved or an actual problem with the space.

If there's someone else in your environment that has administrator permissions you can have them try to delete, otherwise I would suggest opening a Support incident with Atlassian directly to address it. In the Cloud environment, only Atlassian has Super User permissions.

Darryl

Like Jonathan Courtoy likes this

I think you're right.

I activate the free trial to be able to go to "Space Permissions" and there, I can found a link "Recover permissions" to set me as admin of the space.

And now, I can remove the space.

Thank you

0 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2019

@Jonathan Courtoy ,

Confirmed, there is a limitation in the Free version that does not allow any other user, including administrators, to delete the initial space. It has something to do with the System account creating that first space (and not your admin account).

If you're interested in following this further, there is an issue open with Atlassian: CONFCLOUD-68319.

Darryl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events