Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom colors in new confluence editor

Fabian Wiedemann January 20, 2020

We recently started with using the new editor for confluence. The UX overall is very great and we can create content much faster and easier. 

However, when it comes to styling, we are missing a couple of functionalities. Is it already possible or planned to let me introduce custom colors (such as company branding colors) into the new editor. Currently, I can only select from a set of pre-defined colors.

7 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

@Fabian Wiedemann 

Glad to know that you can create content much faster and easier using new Confluence editor.

Custom text colours are not available at the moment. However, we have it on our short-term roadmap. Stay tuned!

Robert Gates October 27, 2020

I have the same ask. It would be great to have a spot to enter our company's brand color as Hex, RGB or CMYK.

Like # people like this
Kristin Bradley August 3, 2021

I would like to be able to document colors used in designs within Confluence including displaying a color chip of the color. To do this I added an html square character: "■" and then planned to manually set a custom color but was disappointed to find there was no way of doing this.

Like Rodrigo Roman likes this
james.wagstaff August 18, 2021

Could you maybe define "short-term"?  This is from Jan 2020 and we would still like it. 

Use-case: two companies are collaborating on a single document.  Different sections relate to the different companies. 

By highlighting section headings in the correct brand colour, it is immediately obvious which company that section relates to.  Using colours that are close to the brand colours but slightly off do not get associated in the same way and simply add confusion.

Like # people like this
david_stroe September 1, 2021

Will add my comment here hoping it raises the bar from Gathering Interest.

We're in the process of documenting our design system on Confluence and while some things can be shown with third party extensions (really not enjoying it), the ability to add custom colours to text or backgrounds (similar to what @Kristin Bradley suggested above) would definitely help us.

Like # people like this
Janet Dixon September 16, 2021

Liking this and watching it as well.  I would not only like to be able to change the colors within the Editor to reflect my company's brand colors, but I would also like to change the default font and heading styles as well. 

Like # people like this
Janet Dixon December 9, 2021

I've checked the Editor Roadmap at the link provided, and see nothing regarding adding the ability to add custom colors to the color picker.  Am I missing something?  Will this be added in the future or not?

Like Karl Henselin likes this
Blake Duerden March 7, 2022

Ditto to raising the prioritisation of this request!

Like # people like this
Robert Gates May 6, 2022

Where does it say Atlassian's definition of "short-term'? They said it was on the short-term roadmap 2 years ago. I would love to hear a more concrete promise.

Like # people like this
Leon Hoos February 9, 2023

I'd even question their definition of "mid-term" at this point.

Like Morné Stander likes this
3 votes
kayode_faith April 28, 2022

Hi all for what its worth,  I also prefer using our company branded color when creating Confluence content.    I start in word and then copy/paste the header into Confluence,  Then  reuse the header style when creating new paragraphs.  This preserves the formatting including colors. 

Hope this helps.

2 votes
Leon Hoos February 9, 2023

This is a feature so basic that I don't understand why it hasn't been there from the very beginning. And now, over three years have passed since this thread was created and it's still nowhere in sight.

It's almost like I can't put my company's name on a page because I can only select words from a pre-defined list instead of typing something on my own.

2 votes
Federico Fabian August 26, 2022

Is there any update on when this will be added?

2 votes
Jeannie Flaherty June 9, 2022

When will custom color/font options be available in Confluence? The lack thereof is really a disappointment.

2 votes
Gad Tesler June 1, 2022

I could also really do with this to comply with company branding.

Is there any update on when this will be added?

1 vote
Michael Seguin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 13, 2024

The lack of this feature is a deal breaker. WhiteBoards and other confluence content creation tools are useless if they are off brand.
Sigh - back to figjam.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events