Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Search: why can't I get clear/comprehensive information on how it works?

Bill Rudy March 10, 2021

The best I have found to date is here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-understand-the-ranking-of-confluence-s-search-results-785614686.html

But if you follow their "Explain action" instructions, you get some query-ish mess of code that is unclear and leaves numerous questions unanswered.

The page is also woefully out of date (2016 vintage - if only this were wine!)

I get that there are many many requests for this or that, but frankly it's unbelievable to me that this information is not readily available for any given version. If anyone knows of something better tucked away somewhere, please share.

ETA:  when I ran the "Explain action" from the link above, here in essence is what I got:

• 56% title
  • 28% content name
  • 16% content body

Can anyone confirm what "content name" and "content body" translate to exactly? Body would seem to indicate just that, the body of the page, but you know what they say, never assume....and what's the diff between "title" and "content name?" 

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Very interesting topic never knew about the explain action details.

Hopefully someone from atlassian can get back to you.

I'm just happy I can find the pages that I need without knowing all the details on how it worked.

Regards

Bill Rudy July 28, 2022

Thanks, but nothing as yet. Labels and how recently the page was updated factor in to a degree as well, but it's anyone's guess how much. 

I don't need exact numbers like above, but even a general idea of what factors in and how heavily would be helpful. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events