Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confluence Search: why can't I get clear/comprehensive information on how it works?

Edited

The best I have found to date is here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-understand-the-ranking-of-confluence-s-search-results-785614686.html

But if you follow their "Explain action" instructions, you get some query-ish mess of code that is unclear and leaves numerous questions unanswered.

The page is also woefully out of date (2016 vintage - if only this were wine!)

I get that there are many many requests for this or that, but frankly it's unbelievable to me that this information is not readily available for any given version. If anyone knows of something better tucked away somewhere, please share.

ETA:  when I ran the "Explain action" from the link above, here in essence is what I got:

• 56% title
  • 28% content name
  • 16% content body

Can anyone confirm what "content name" and "content body" translate to exactly? Body would seem to indicate just that, the body of the page, but you know what they say, never assume....and what's the diff between "title" and "content name?" 

1 answer

Very interesting topic never knew about the explain action details.

Hopefully someone from atlassian can get back to you.

I'm just happy I can find the pages that I need without knowing all the details on how it worked.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Admins, notify your Jira instance of system-wide changes with the new admin announcement banner

Hi All! We’re excited to share the launch of an announcement banner that lets Jira site administrators communicate directly to their users across their  Jira Cloud instance.  ...

380 views 13 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you