Cannot edit pages (infinite loading)

Anna February 22, 2019

Hello,

The second day we cannot edit confluence (cloud) pages. But we did it before. I have admin permission, my colleagues too. There is no restriction for pages.

When I click on Edit button, the loading is started and it goes forever:

2019-02-22 12_01_36-Изменить - Запрашиваемые документы - REON - Confluence.png

The other functions are working fine btw.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

I've looked through several similar cases and most of them were solved with the help of

Atlassian Support

Please, forward this request to them.

Anna February 22, 2019

Thank you a lot for your help, Grigory! I have created the issue for support and waiting for news. If there will be some solution - I will share with you.

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

You're always welcome!

Your feedback will be valuebale, thank you.

Have a nice day :)

Anna February 26, 2019

The problem was solved itself.

Also that's the answer from support: 
"On further investigation, we found that synchrony error logged in HAR/chrome console is related to Confluence editing and there could be various reasons when this error logs. Synchrony is a Java process responsible for editing and web browser connects to Synchrony over web sockets.

The exception logged when you were unable to edit the page was due to a WebSocket failure between the browser and the Synchrony process, the network latency could be a factor for this and the connection time out resulted in infinite loading of the page. This could be a temporary network glitch where the connection to Confluence was taking more time than expected and was timing out before the connection is processed."

1 vote
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

I see, thank you.

This information will be helpful.

0 votes
vmarcell April 4, 2023

In my case Firefox 111.0.1 advanced tracking protection was the issue, turning it off at the address bar/shield icon/switch made the edit mode work again.

0 votes
KT August 13, 2020

We faced with the same problem. How to fix?

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Thank you!

By the way, have you tried another browser/computer/network?

Anna February 22, 2019

Yes, my colleagues have tried too with other computers. Also I have checked with IE browser and even from home computer. But the issue persists :(

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019
Hi and welcome to our Community!

Try to do the following:
Navigate to Confluence Administration > General Configuration > Collaborative Editing and click on "Restart Synchrony".
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Update

I'm sorry, this solution seems to be valid for Server only.

Let me look for the cloud one.

Anna February 22, 2019

Hi Grigory,

Unfortunately, I cannot find such a setting in General Configuration tab. Is it possible to find this setting for Cloud Confluence?

Thank you!

Anna February 22, 2019

Also, if that will be helpful, according to chrome console the next error constantly received:

WebSocket connection to '<URL>' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events