Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cannot create issue from Confluence

When I highlight some text in viewing form in Confluence, I can see Jira's icon. I click it and then I can see dialog window with error message:

"

"

And there is nothing I can do from Confluence page in order to create a task in Jira. This field "Linked Issues" is not required, I've made it optional in Fields configuration.

So I have no idea how to fix that now, could anyone help me to handle this problem?

3 answers

Hi there,

If you like to enhance jira issue creation from confluence, check out Jcreate, new app which allows you full Jira experience including system fields such as "Linked Issues" 

You can try it from here

:)

Rina,

The link attached should have the steps necessary to create tickets from confluence.

Victor

This issue appears only for one project and only when we create via viewing mode, not editing. So I assume everything is fine with links. And I checked all configurations in Jira about this project, everything should be fine, but it's not apparently. 

Hi!

How does this project differ from other ones? Is it the last created?

it's the first created. Some issues types are not available there comparing with other projects, different workflow scheme, but everything else is pretty much the same. And in first place everything was fine for this project too, I could create via viewing page task, but now there is error notification about Linked Issues field, but it's not required field.

It may sound strange but I'd recommend recreating application links. There were cases when this helped. Plus, it doesn't take long.

Okay, we'll try, thanks

Rina,

Do you've your JIRA and Confluence connect using Application links?

More infö from the link below
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html

Victor

yes, I've checked, it's connected using Application links, it's fine there

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events