Cannot create issue from Confluence

Rina June 29, 2018

When I highlight some text in viewing form in Confluence, I can see Jira's icon. I click it and then I can see dialog window with error message:

"

"

And there is nothing I can do from Confluence page in order to create a task in Jira. This field "Linked Issues" is not required, I've made it optional in Fields configuration.

So I have no idea how to fix that now, could anyone help me to handle this problem?

4 answers

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Rina did this get resolved?  I'm wondering if it's still an issue now.  If it is, and everywhere else it works, I'd suggest opening a ticket with Support.

If it's resolved, could I ask a favor?  If you could post the solution and mark it resolved.

Thanks,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

+1 interesting 

- app links good

- part of tickets and projects works

0 votes
Paz Grimberg February 25, 2021

Hi there,

If you like to enhance jira issue creation from confluence, check out Jcreate, new app which allows you full Jira experience including system fields such as "Linked Issues" 

You can try it from here

:)

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2018

Rina,

The link attached should have the steps necessary to create tickets from confluence.

Victor

Rina July 2, 2018

This issue appears only for one project and only when we create via viewing mode, not editing. So I assume everything is fine with links. And I checked all configurations in Jira about this project, everything should be fine, but it's not apparently. 

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2018

Hi!

How does this project differ from other ones? Is it the last created?

Rina July 2, 2018

it's the first created. Some issues types are not available there comparing with other projects, different workflow scheme, but everything else is pretty much the same. And in first place everything was fine for this project too, I could create via viewing page task, but now there is error notification about Linked Issues field, but it's not required field.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2018

It may sound strange but I'd recommend recreating application links. There were cases when this helped. Plus, it doesn't take long.

Rina July 2, 2018

Okay, we'll try, thanks

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2018

Rina,

Do you've your JIRA and Confluence connect using Application links?

More infö from the link below
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-jira-applications-and-confluence-together-427623543.html

Victor

Rina July 1, 2018

yes, I've checked, it's connected using Application links, it's fine there

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events