Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better spacing between heading and table of contents

Ben Forbes August 27, 2019

In the new Confluence Cloud editor, the spacing between a heading and the table of contents macro does not look right. Here it is in edit mode:

image.png

You can see already that the macro box touches right up against the heading, as opposed to a normal paragraph of text in the Introduction, which has a nice spacing from the heading.

The published page also doesn't look right:

image.png

Is this a bug? It seems inconsistent with paragraph formatting elsewhere on Confluence, which I think is generally good. Is there any workaround to achieve a better paragraph spacing here?

It seems similar to this problem: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Styling-inconsistency-in-markdown-between-header-and-Table-of/qaq-p/1140663

Which was acknowledged as needing to be fixed.

1 answer

2 votes
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Ben,

As a Confluence Cloud user. I absolutely agree.

It's possible that someone from the Atlassian team may run across your post here at some point and either comment or submit a bug request on your behalf, but I would suggest submitting a report yourself, or searching the Support site to determine if it already exists as an issue.

I try hard not to make assumptions, but sometimes it seems like people are unclear that this is not the formal support site for Atlassian, but rather a forum for users to share knowledge, provide input, etc. where sometimes Atlassian staff will pop in with information or move something forward.

In case you don't have it, the "official" support site URL is https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

On this landing page, you have the ability to search for known issues before submitting a request. If a request already exists, you can add yourself as a Watcher, and also as an interested party.

Hope that helps, and I hope this response isn't interpreted as me talking down by you or others. The Community site is a fantastic and valuable resource, and I've found many answers to questions I've had here. Hopefully I've also helped a few people along the way.

Darryl

Ben Forbes August 28, 2019

Thanks Darryl. I was indeed confused about where to post the issue. I went via the support site URL and created a support ticket for the issue, hopefully there is some response. I searched through known issues for this problem and couldn't find anyone talking about it, although the search functionality is confusing.

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2019

Ben,

Thanks for the update! I agree, searching is a little challenging, especially for one who doesn't know JQL. It's on my to-do list of things to learn sooner than later. I've muddled through up to this point. I don't think it's difficult, just needs a little time up front devoted to it.

An ask - if Support opens an issue for you, or if they respond that a related issue is already open, would you please add the issue number here so that others with the same concern who reach this post will have that information?

Darryl

Ben Forbes August 29, 2019

Here's the link:

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-506173

I'm not sure if this is publicly viewable. Can you check that? The page doesn't look like the one I had been searching before.

Cheers

Ben Forbes September 4, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events