Adding a picture which is already attached to page

Thorsten Lausch June 22, 2020

Hi, we are forced to use the new editor on some pages and everybody is freaking out because it does not work sometimes, creates a lot of errors and is locking user from editing a page. (Bad Safari support?!) 

BUUUT, one thing nobody can do is this: 

Person A adds an attachment to the Page. 

Person B wants to add this Attachment (Picture) into the Wiki Page

Person B does not find any possibility to add it. When you click on "picture" it only displays pictures which Person B added some time ago but not the one attached to the page. We cannot find any possible solution. 

BTW: Nobody likes the new editor in my Company and it mostly does not work correctly. Why is Atlassian so NOT User Focused? That happens a lot.

2 answers

1 vote
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

@Thorsten Lausch 

Yes this one is annoying. One way round it is to download the attachment and then use the insert button to insert it again. There is a new app that has just come out that will also allow you to do this plus upload from a lot of file sources. It does allow you to attach existing files on the page.

Universal Uploader

mawi March 17, 2021

Not just annoying, it is terrible. Unbelievable really. This... is a good story.

You cannot add already attached things (images) to a page in atlassians wiki product (without reuploading and other workarounds). Just wow!

Soon, you will need to pay for a plugin to be able to edit the text of a page after you have created it. Thats the next big editor coming up 2023.

Like Budy Sutjijati likes this
Bruno De Zwaef September 6, 2021

Hi mawi, is there a ticket for this issue?

I'm trying to find it here, but there are so many...

mawi September 6, 2021

I do not know. I have not searched for it. It is always work determining if there is a bug report or feature request already created for an issue, or not...

I have also not re-confirmed this since march. Which I would if I were to report it today.

Bruno De Zwaef September 6, 2021

Ha! Found it: [CONFCLOUD-67587] Not able to attach attachment from attachment page

Status set to "Short Term Backlog"... since sept 2019 :(

This is all just a really really bad joke.

mawi September 6, 2021

Thanks @Bruno De Zwaef ! Appreciate that, following it now.
It is an amazing defect. But I have worked so long with atlassian products, no longer surprised and not holding my breath.

0 votes
Budy Sutjijati December 6, 2022

Just stumbled upon this thread since I just had the same problem. Adding an existing attached image. What the actual Fudge is this?  Glad I can edit and add addtional text to my pages without the need to create new pages :P

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events