Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Access to Confluence by IP address with no account

Hello,

With our Group model, we don't need to have account for everyone because not everyone will be active on it, they only need to view pages.
We saw here we can setup access with IP address : https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/specify-ip-addresses-for-product-access/

We would like to know if we give a list of IP address, people still need to have an account to view (only) Confluence?

Thank you for your help,
Lorie

1 answer

0 votes

Welcome to the community!

Access via IP address and accounts for access are not related to each other.  Access via IP limits (or allows) usage by what their IP address is.  They still need accounts on the server to log into to be able to use it.  Or you enable anonymous access so that anyone can see it (if you've not blocked the IP address they're using)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

39,640 views 28 127
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you