Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips on how to get the most of Confluence Cloud?

Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 5, 2022

Hi everyone!

I've been using Confluence for the past four months and enjoying it so far. However, it has a lot of features, and I feel like don’t make the most of them.

Does anyone have any interesting tricks for getting more out of Confluence Cloud? Any cool/hidden features that you think people don't talk about often enough? I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Derya

3 comments

Comment

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Hey @Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_ 

It all depends on what you want the Confluence to be for your organisation :) 

For example -if you want it to be a place for documentation and knowledge sharing for the product creation process or service and you use JIRA - then getting to know what you can bring from JIRA to Confluence with embedding filters, release notes etc. 

Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk, thank you for your answer! I'm a Technical Writer, so I use Confluence for technical documentation for our ITSM and Agile products. So my favorite feature is definitely macros! :) 

Like Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2022

@Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_ my favorite macros/tools are:

1. Panels
  2. Expand
  3. Divider
  4. Dates (///)
  5. Tables 

Using any combination of these + changing up page layouts by using columns will make your pages stand out.

Add an emoji in the title and users are more likely to click on the page.

Where applicable a header image brings life to the page rather than just seeing text when first engaging.

Good luck! 

Marin
Marketplace Partner
December 19, 2022

Hi @Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_

are you interested in any third party apps or only native Confluence features? There are many cool features you can achieve with some Confluence cloud apps.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events