Potential focus group to discuss Confluence Cloud issues

Helen Gosper October 16, 2019

Noting @Pratima 's comments https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-discussions/CLOSED-Join-Pratima-Arora-Atlassian-s-Head-of-Product-for/td-p/1199266/page/2?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=&utm_content=post#M195 in closing the

Join Pratima Arora, Atlassian's Head of Product for Confluence Cloud, an AMA on Oct. 15. 

discussion, I'm indicating my interest in joining such a focus group. I also think it would be good to set this up sooner rather than later, with a date set. Thanks

Helen

5 comments

Helen Gosper October 17, 2019
Like # people like this
Tom Crowley October 17, 2019

I'm happy to take part in this. I think that it's important that it happens soon, too.

I know enough about development cycles to know that adding 'missing' features from the old editor to the new editor is likely to take a fair amount of time and effort, so the sooner customer-led discussions with Atlassian happen the better.

There are obvious improvements needed with the way communication with customers happens, and the sooner that is addressed, the sooner it can improve. When communication improves, I think everything else will follow suite.

Thanks for pushing for this Helen.

Like # people like this
Helen Gosper October 17, 2019

I wonder if one of the reasons users are relentless in seeking answers and action is because so many of us work in software ourselves and understand the whole software development and release cycle. 

And we're pretty savvy around some of the drivers in product direction, so we're probably more likely to question 'cut and paste' non-specific answers. We just need fair dinkum communication at this point, as a matter of priority.

Like # people like this
Dara October 18, 2019

Good initiative @Helen Gosper! Thank you for posting this! I'm glad Pratima decided on a focus group, but she was still rather vague on how exactly that was going to happen. Probably they still need to formalise it themselves, but I do hope we get news about this soon.

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

I'm also interested in joining a focus group. 

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Jessica Taylor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

Hi all - The focus group is scheduled for Oct. 30, 2019 at 10 am PT. I've just sent email invitations out to a small group who have been most active in our AMA and editor rollout discussions. If you weren't included and want to be in the future, please chime in, and I'll reach out about future events. Thanks for your interest – we're looking forward to a great follow-up discussion with our extended product team.

Like # people like this
Chellie Esters December 17, 2019

Hi @Jessica Taylor , I would like to be included in any focus group meetings you have on Confluence Cloud. My team uses CC extensively for technical documentation, and I'd like to be a part of the conversation. Thanks.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events