How is dark mode working for you?

Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2020

Hey everyone! 

As you may have seen, we recently released Dark theme for the Confluence mobile apps. If this is news to you, check it out: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Dark-theme-now-available-on-Confluence-mobile-apps/ba-p/1517726 

This is how to activate it: 

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.52.43 AM.png

If you have used it, can you let me know how you're finding it? 

• In the spirit of Halloween, do you like it dark (and spooky)? 
  • Are there certain features that you think could use more contrast? 
  • Do you find yourself using the app more at night because it is easier on the eyes? 

Would love to hear your thoughts for how we can improve! 

3 comments

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2020

Cool

Vronik November 7, 2020

Wow, Fantastic !!!

SP October 30, 2020

This is cool, I wish there was something to stop me crying on the browser from looking at the jira board in the night.

Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2020

Sorry to hear that! Glad you are enjoying Dark Mode on Connie mobile though. 

Like Gál Szabolcs likes this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2020

Hello @Wei Heng

What a great question for this time of the season 🎃

I really like the dark mode but have a few observations with respect to the tables. If a color is added to a cell, the font can be hard to see at times because it’s a light Gray. Also, for the macros, the dark mode doesn’t take effect which can shock the eyes in the dark! 

I added some screenshots of tables with other colors and what an “excerpt” macro renders. 

BFEC162D-5B55-400B-AFAE-DCFCFC53F84C.png272B2A10-56E7-4866-811E-3EE44A76A0E3.jpeg

Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2020

Hi @Andrew Kendris

How was your Halloween? Any sightings of the blue moon? 🌚

Thanks for the feedback. Dark mode table colors are an issue we're actively working to address. You should see an improvement in a week or so when the latest iOS build (2.75+) is released to the app store. Check it out once you have the updated app and let me know if you like what you see? 🤞👍

We’re actively monitoring feedback for macros, but, are holding off on fixing the dark mode experience for macros until our team has had an opportunity to improve the macros experience overall and get the most popular ones to load inline. 

Like Andrew Kendris likes this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2020

I didn’t get a chance to see the blue moon in-person but checked out some photos the following day which were really cool. Next time we’ll have a full moon on Halloween is 2039 so I marked the calendar - ha! While there weren’t any Halloween parties planned, I knew I couldn’t go wrong with a classic scary movie 🍿.  

Thank you so much and I’ll be on the lookout for the next update and circle back with any further feedback! I did another pass on the dark mode and couldn’t think of anything else to report back.  I do have some more feedback for team calendars but I wait until there is another thread for that 😊 

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 3, 2020

@Wei Heng

I just got the latest update and the table colors are looking much better 😄52935BB0-2C8D-4315-9E9A-3E4CB7022F95.jpeg

Like Wei Heng likes this
Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2020

@Andrew Kendris I am so glad to see that 👏 Thanks again for filing feedback, and then for following up! 

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2020

@Wei Heng my pleasure! Thank you so much for the quick turnaround 👏 👏 I’ll keep compiling feedback on my end and await the next round of topics.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2020

I really love the darkmode - played around for like 1 hour and I couldn't find anything that didn't work (iPhone 12) 

But I'm a newbie in Confluence mobile ☝️

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events