Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics - Click through

David Hopkins September 22, 2021

Starting to move away from Zendesk to Jira Service desk and we will be building our knowledge base out in Confluence before linking it to JSD. A feature that we will really be missing is the search analytics.  What is provided in Confluence is quite limited.

The following features/data points would be great to have added to the confluence search analytics alone but if they could also then be available for the Jira Service Desk knowledge base analytics it would really very useful for us.

• Search terms filtered by the space they were searched from instead of for the entire site
  • Number of articles/pages found
  • Most common click through url that takes you to the respective page
  • Having the search term hyperlinked so that you could click through it to the actual search results

3 answers

0 votes
Kathryn Reddie December 9, 2022

Hi @David Hopkins , @Janis Plume _eazyBI_ , @Jean W. 

Just wondering if you found a way to do this?

I am trying to measure click-through stats from our intranet homepage teaser to the full article in our News space.

Thanks in advance,

Kathryn.

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2022

Hi,

eazyBI app for Confluence provides the options for reporting on Confluence page creation, update and views. It also collects the search terms to see what are the most searched items.

Please, check the demo account with sample dashboards.

https://docs.eazybi.com/plugins/servlet/eazybi/accounts/6/dashboards/9-page-view-analysis

https://docs.eazybi.com/plugins/servlet/eazybi/accounts/6/dashboards/10-author-activity

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

0 votes
Jean W. February 21, 2022

@David Hopkins I am facing the same challenge. One of the key points in knowledge management is that the use of the articles should be measurable. 
I have so far not found any metrics that provide data on this topic. 

I can collect page amounts manually by Confluence search.
Page view statistics can only be viewed per page, and provide only a graph, not data.
From Jira we are now collecting data from our support agents via an extra field ("knowledge article used"), but this does not provide information yet on which article they used. Collecting that information would require an extra field, where support agents would have to manually enter the page title for example. 
Since this adds to the workload, we haven't done that yet. 

It seems there is no good integration between Confluence and Jira for reporting.

I would be interested if and how you solved your issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events