Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Confluence Cloud – March 2020 Edition

Hello, everyone! Has this month been as busy for you as it has for us? We’re excited to introduce some game-changing features to help you create a single source of truth when you put all your files and conversations together on the page.

Get your files together
Did you know the average employee switches tabs more than 1,100 times a day? With the new Microsoft OneDrive for Business Integration, you can now embed Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in your Confluence pages. What was once a carousel of clicks is now a one-stop-shop for everything you need.

Keep everything together (new nav)@2x.png

Click the expand button to see your files in full view, so all your data and supporting information is easy to read and in one place.

Full screen - excel (new nav)@2x.png

Liven up your in-line commentary
Inline comments are a great tool for helping teams flag important questions and add relevant discussions within Confluence Cloud documents. They’re created when you highlight text on any page in Confluence Cloud and select “comment” from the menu.

You can now add some pop to your comments with tables, images, mentions, and emojis by typing the all-powerful “/” command.

View (1).gif

Am I using Confluence to its full potential?
If you still aren’t sure, because you missed our webinar, don’t worry! Tune in whenever to learn “How to get the most out of Confluence Cloud”. Learn about everything from setting up sites and spaces to crafting beautiful pages, as well as trying popular integrations. We also cover how to master Confluence with our favorite keyboard shortcuts and hacks! Prefer the tl;dr? Read the Webinar FAQ.

Speaking of hacks, we’ll give you a freebie now with this month’s power feature tip. By typing “/trello” on a Confluence page, you can embed a complete Trello board for easy access.

power tip.gif

That’s all for now! Keep an eye out for more updates next month. Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

7 comments

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2020

<3

Like # people like this
Damian Fasciani March 23, 2020
Ананьев Иван March 23, 2020

Nice

Like # people like this
Tom Crowley March 27, 2020

Just on that "single source of truth", when I export a page to a Word document it breaks all my hyperlinks and tries to find the linked Confluence pages on my local machine, for example: C:\wiki\spaces\CES\pages\62914725\How+to+find+the+Org+Id+and+Company+Information+for+an+organization

This might seem like a minor bug, but if I have to update the Confluence page *and* an attached Word document, because exporting the page doesn't work properly, then Confluence is not my single source of truth. 

This doesn't happen with PDF exports, which are not suitable, and I can't ask people to start converting PDFs to Word docs, or running macros to fix the links. The OneDrive integration would not fix this.

Roei Soudai April 1, 2020

Confluence team, 
Why can`t I see comments also when I`m editing the document?

Do I really need to have duplicate tabs to see comments and solve them?

Like # people like this
DA
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2020

@Roei Soudai thank you for your comment. My name is Daniel Ayele and I'm a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. I'm happy to share that we've heard this feedback loud and clear and we are actively developing a solution to allow customers to create and view inline comments while editing pages. We'll have more to share on this in the coming months so stay tuned.

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Kai Kloepfer May 4, 2020

@DA Do you have any updates on the timeline for when inline comments in the editor will be available? Is there any way that our org can join a beta test for this feature? 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events