The Trello macros in Confluence are being deprecated

Hello Community,

In one month, on March 15, 2023, we will end support for the Trello Card and Trello Board macros in Confluence Cloud. Any existing instances of these macros will still work. However, you won't be able to insert them into the legacy editor or the new editor using the macro browser or a slash command.

End of support means that Atlassian will no longer fix bugs related to these macros.

The Trello macros in Confluence were designed to allow you to display and interact with content from Trello directly in your Confluence pages. We’ve been making improvements to how Trello links work in Confluence natively, and you'll now be able to have rich Trello links and embed your Trello boards without the need for a macro.

When you insert a link to a Trello card or board into your Confluence, this will now display as an inline smart link instead of as a Trello tile. You can click on the link to change how it displays: either as a URL, an inline link, a card, or (starting in late February) an embed. The card view will display extra information about the Trello card, such as its members or due date. Some content that is currently displayed in the macro, such as labels and custom fields, will not be displayed in the card view.

All existing instances of the Trello macro will continue to work until they can be converted into smart link card or embed views at a later date.

5 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2023

I like the streamlined experience as a smart link card rather than a Trello card that had different formatting than the rest of the elements on the Confluence page.

Like # people like this
Silas DeLeon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2023

hi

Daniel Teixeira March 16, 2023

hi. not sure it´s same topic but i have a macro error message when i wanna edit and save on diagramm I have with the app. draw.io.

not sure it´s linked but could u help?

Daniel Teixeira March 16, 2023

diag-error.PNG

David Chaney May 17, 2023

Love it! Was panicked at first. Love the seamless look and operation. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events