Partner Integrations with Confluence Embedded Pages

Embed Confluence Pages in Your Favorite Tools

Hello Confluence Community! I’m Julien on the product partnerships team at Atlassian focused on bringing integrations to Confluence Cloud. We’re excited to share that Atlassian tools will now enable in-context Confluence creation across more tools than ever.

Seeing success with Microsoft Teams

Last year, we announced you can create, edit, and view Confluence pages from within Microsoft Teams. And we very quickly saw how thrilled you were not having to hunt down the latest plans or leave Teams to spin up a project page in Confluence when you’re in the middle of a Teams chat.

image-20230508-202347.png

“The Confluence and Teams integration allows us to pull information from Confluence Cloud – which is where we keep information across the technical and business side of Logicaldox – and easily include it in Teams meetings or conversations. Having a deep connection between the tools that are essential to our daily activities allows my team to immerse themselves in their actual work, not clicking between tools.”

Edward Apostol
Senior Manager of Application Development at LogicalDox

We took this feedback and opened up our APIs to enable more products to build integrations with Confluence embedded pages.

Announcing more integrations at Team '23

At Team ‘23 in April, we were excited to announce that Confluence embedded pages were now available with several partners and in development with many more—including exciting new integrations with Miro, Lucid, InVision, and LaunchDarkly that allow you to view and edit Confluence pages within the context of your work.

Add context to your Lucid charts, diagrams, and whiteboards

Embed Confluence pages in both Lucidchart and Lucidspark to keep work moving. Any changes you make in Confluence is automatically reflected in Lucid, and vice-a-versa. And it’s available today! See how to access.

ezgif.com-resize.gif

Miro is now live 🎉

Today, we’re excited to share that Miro is our latest partner to go live with Confluence embedded pages! Now, you can reference relevant project plans, procedures, and other documents without disrupting your ideation session.

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif 

Here is the full list of tools that allow (or will soon allow) you to embed Confluence pages:

Currently live:

Coming soon:

And this list is just the beginning, with many more partners looking to include Confluence pages within their apps.

6 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2023

While I appreciate the extensibility that embedding Confluence pages in third party products provides, I still prefer to work natively in Confluence over calling Confluence from inside of Microsoft Teams.

Like Julien Bassan likes this
Dan.Tombs June 19, 2023

I love the native smart link functionality within the Atlassian ecosystem, so its great to hear about the effective 'external' smarts links back into Atlassian too. I think one of the biggest takeaways is flexibility. We all are different, but benefit when knowledge is central. Allowing teams to work how they want is huge.

Like # people like this
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2023

@Julien Bassan I note that this feature is currently named Confluence Embedded Pages

Will this work for other content types?

• Blogposts
  • Whiteboards
  • Confluence Databases

Is there a definitive, updated list of apps which use this feature?

I'd like to be able to map the `parentProduct` URL search parameter to product names.

Right now I know the following:

• `JSM-Portal`
  • `miro`
  • `refinedforconfluence`

But it would be great if there was a REST API which listed them all.

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2023

Hi @David at David Simpson Apps This feature is currently available only for pages. However, we do plan to support embeddable versions of blogs, whiteboards and databases soon. Stay tuned!

May I ask how do you plan to utilize the 'parentProduct' parameters? Thanks.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2023

Hi @Lennon Liao, We're already using it in our Google Analytics in Confluence app to filter and differentiate views in Confluence proper and embedded pages in apps such as JSM, Refined and Miro.

Here's an example Google Analytics custom report to show where pages are being displayed:

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 10.26.20.png

As you can see, the report currently only displays the value of the parentProduct parameter rather than a nicely formatted friendly name, hence the request for a REST API listing them.

This will allow users to filter content views by Parent Product – be it Confluence, JSM Portal, Jira Project Pages, Refined, Miro or something else, and see exactly what content is being viewed and from where.

Here's an example of the content views filtered by Parent Product = 'miro':

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 10.43.26.png

As you can see I've not used Confluence embeds in Miro very much just yet.

___

Aside – The same logic also allows us to view which of our articles are being viewed in the JSM Portal:

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 10.31.42.png

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2023

Unfortunately, we don't have an API listing the different names yet @David at David Simpson Apps
But thanks for sharing your workflow on how your app allows users to filter content views by Parent Product.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events