Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive macros are deprecated in favor of Smart Links

Hi Community!

My name is Roman and I am a developer at Confluence.

Starting by the end of January, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive macros are deprecated in favor of Smart Links. You won't be able to find them in the macro browser that is invoked by slash "/" command or "Insert" menu item.

How will I display the content now?

From now on, simply pasting the link should convert it into a Smart Link, with different options on how to have it displayed:

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 5.26.47 PM.png

Display embed option is an equivalent to how it was when using such macros. In fact all this time such macros are already being converted into Smart Links under the hood.

Did any of my existing macros and data got deleted?

No! All the existing content is in Confluence and no data loss happened. It is even still displayed as the "embed" option, exactly like it was before.

What about Legacy editor?

Legacy editor doesn't support Smart Links, so for pages created in Legacy editor Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive macros are still available.

Where I can get more information about Smart Links?

More information about Smart Links and how to use them (including the list of products that are supported) is available in our extensive guide.

3 comments

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2022

Thanks for the update @Roman Toropov 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

I second @Pramodh M on this @Roman Toropov - very important and timely article as there are a number of questions in the community regarding this change.

Like # people like this
Tami Dubi February 9, 2023

Hi,

@Roman Toropov Is there a way to embed a movie from G Drive that automatically plays when opening the page?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events