Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Convert any page to a blog in Confluence

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Tailored Experiences team! One of the largest pieces of feedback we have received recently from you is the desire to convert any page into a blog. In the following weeks, we will be giving you the ability to convert or publish any page as a blog post in just two clicks!

Convert Any Page to a Blog

With this new feature, you no longer have to lose your changes or recreate work when migrating content from a page to a blog. Whether you started on a page or just changed your mind later, you can easily switch to blog mode!

Simply head to the More actions (•••) in the top right corner and select Convert to blog.

image-20210303-052911.png

Choose which space you want this blog to live in and click Convert to blog.

image-20210303-180248.png

Now this page lives as a blog post under the other blogs in your selected space! (Your existing comments and likes will be preserved while the creation date and time will reset.)

image-20210303-052933.png

Publish Any Page As a Blog

If you haven’t published your draft yet, you can also publish your page as a blog straight while editing!

Select Publish As Blog from the More actions (•••) meu. Then select the space where you want to publish this blog and select Publish as blog.

Bam! Now your page is published as a blog in your selected space!

image-20210303-053500.png

Feedback or Questions?

Don’t forget to let us know any feedback or questions you have in the comments. We’d love to hear your suggestions on how we can make this experience even better for you!

10 comments

Vero Rivas Community Leader Apr 19, 2021

Wow, I'm going to try it

Like Avni likes this

Yey! Looking forward to this new feature. Thank you!

Like Avni likes this

Awesome! I can't wait to try this new feature.

Like Avni likes this

It's really awesome! I was in need of finding such a feature for myself as a developer. It helps me a lot in my work. But I am curious when it will be launched?

Like Avni likes this

This is great, thank you! We've definitely created pages by mistake and had to redo the same work over again as a blog post.

I can't help but add, we really want to use Confluence's blog functionality more, but it's not going to happen until some other basic blogging features such as Ability to change the date of blog posts    are added. Please consider that change, too -- so we can encourage more people to use Confluence blogs! Thanks again -- Sharon

Edited: Returning because I just found this article: ⏰ Schedule now, publish later in Confluence What great news! The final piece for us would be the ability to back-date blog posts --

Thanks to the Confluence dev teams for making these improvements! 

Like Avni likes this
Avni Atlassian Team Apr 21, 2021

@Shawn Mendisz we will be launching this in a few weeks - stay tuned! smile

Great news...my email said "New!"...so I went straight to try it out...then I can see "Coming Soon!" on this page that explains why I couldn't do this ;)

Nice to see the cloud version get some love on the blog part <3 ... I don't know how often I have created a page and had to delete it and create a blog post as I intended =)  Maybe since I was used to selecting the before on the server version ;)

Like Avni likes this

This is mega cool!! It simplifies the process a lot! Great improvement! :D

Like Avni likes this

@Avni 

Why post functionality as being available when it is not?

This functionality has not be released into Confluence Cloud, as this article suggests.

The article states "In the following weeks"...so we just have to wait ;)

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Confluence Bingo Round 3!

That’s right! Grandma’s back at it again, and this time she’s brought all her friends. In honor of Team '21, this Bingo round is dedicated to all things team-related, and the prizes are no exception....

1,735 views 29 20
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you