Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite Confluence App?

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 15, 2021

Hey admins! 

We know that Apps can make your (Confluence) world go round. 

You can browse some of the new Confluence Cloud apps in this 2020 Spring Roundup post.

What app can't you live without, and why? 

3 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

@Bridget - my old standbys, both Adaptavist* apps:

• Content Formatting Macros - when the built-in content macros aren't enough
  • ScriptRunner - sometimes you need a little magic in your wiki!

* No one there paid me to write this recommendation. 😅

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 19, 2021

Nice @Dave Liao ! Thanks for sharing. #Adaptavistinfluencer 🤣

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

I'm surprised #adaptavistinfluencer doesn't yield any Google results 😂

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Unlike Dave, it's part of my job to market Adaptavist, but even if I wasn't, I'd be all-over "content formatting macros" - that app was installed everywhere I went well before I joined Adaptavist.

Outside Adaptavist, I'm was/am very fond of Latex and Graphviz apps, and although I wouldn't say "can't live without", Comala workflows and Scroll versions are very very good at what they do and a lot of people I've worked with need them.

I also have a soft spot for Themebuilder, as it got me job once.  

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Right? Aside from the Confluence instance I learned on (many many many companies ago), I've only encountered one Confluence instance that didn't have Content Formatting installed. I was super surprised.

Wow, LaTeX, I haven't touched that for years... I do know there are folks that love having math equations in their wiki pages. 👨‍🔬👩‍🔬➕

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

I think my love of the latex (no, I don't like mixed-caps words, they slow my reading) macro is because I've spent a lot of my career working with people who need a lot of real mathematics - universities, engineers and financial places.

Seriously, if you're doing anything useful mathematically, you need a system that has no problem with rendering Euler's identity without having to take screenshots or requiring the human to have to type (phonetically) "e to the pie eye plus one equals zero".

Like Dave Liao likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Similar to @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  it is part of my role to promote Adaptavist. One thing folks might not be aware of is that Adaptavist have just launched new documentation sites for the Apps. 

See https://docs.adaptavist.com/cfm4cc/latest for the Content Formatting Macros for Confluence Cloud. 

Also a brand new macro was released recently which provides a the ability to add cards to a confluence page. https://docs.adaptavist.com/cfm4cc/latest/macros/card. 

But other notable callouts from me are Gliffy/Draw.io for any diagramming needs and multiExcerpt for allowing content to be reused. 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Ooh, forgot about diagramming!

Lucidchart has done a lot of heavy lifting for me, especially in places where I need to support clients with needlessly detailed/pretty landing pages. 😊

I feel like everyone wants an org chart on their team page.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

I'd highly recommend Draw.io.

I recently compared Draw.io and Lucidchart:

• Comparable functionality
  • Identical icon sets
  • Comparable template sets (despite what the Lucidchart PR says about Draw.io)
  • Import functionality that was over 95% accurate in my testing
  • Draw.io feels more "native" in Jira and Confluence
  • Lucidchart costs almost 10x what Draw.io costs

This is an end-user perspective, I have no stake in either product.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events