Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send registration welcome email to newly signed-up users?

3rdjkadjk June 7, 2023

Hi - is there any functionality or plugin which will allow Confluence to be able to send new users a welcome e-mail with custom text and information welcoming them to the system and giving them introduction information?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2023

On inviting user from Atlassian Administration, you are able to customise the invitation email to provide user with information

invite.png

From inviting within Confluence this is not possible.

3rdjkadjk June 21, 2023

@Marc - Devoteam where should i go to customize am looking for this tab 

Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2023

Hi @3rdjkadjk

Within Atlassian Administration, you nee to go to the Directory option in the top menu bar.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 18.13.39.png

Select "Invite Users"

On the Invite page that opens, add an email address of a user to invite, or multiple.
Select the application, if there are more than Confluence, and select the required product role (default is user).
At the bottom of the page you can personalise the invitation email, as shown in my previous message.

Hope this helps you!

3rdjkadjk June 22, 2023

kinda , is there a way to automate this process in any way @Marc - Devoteam  looking forward to see your insights about this .

Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2023

Hi @3rdjkadjk

Not to my knowledge unfortunately.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2023

I don't think you can currently have an automatic custom message sent for any new user to your Confluence site.

There is a similar suggestion in the public bug and feature tracker for Confluence Cloud: Ability to customize invitation email. You may vote for it and start watching it.

I would also expect Atlassian to add a specific trigger in Confluence automation, e.g. "User added to space" or "User added to Confluence". Automation in Confluence requires the Premium plan though.

3rdjkadjk June 12, 2023

This is impressive !

Another question do you know the procedure to extract information from example from an ERP (extract may be name and phone number using xml automatically) ? 

2.Embedding confluence with example sharepoint ?

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2023

The first question doesn't relate to Confluence or any Atlassian product. You may consult the ERP's documentation for more instructions how to export the information you're interested in. You may search for "filtering", "reporting", "external export", etc.

Regarding your second question, it has already been answered here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-Admins/Re-Linking-sharepoint-to-Confluence/qaq-p/2386918/comment-id/110#M110.

Like 3rdjkadjk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events