Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am the newest member here...any website planning/building tool recommendations?

Deleted user April 29, 2022

Was on LinkedIn, and distractedly clicked on an Atlassian ad. Was lured here by an ad...When I see the word "template", I crumble...help me find website planning/building tools so that I can quickly get back to my deadlines.

I am a marketing consultant, I am currently working on my business website. I have never built one before, but it's important to me that I personally work on this one.

I am looking for any ATLASSIAN resources that can help me succeed. Ok, they don't have to be strictly from this platform.

Please help me win in this website project. The main reason why I am doing it myself is so that I can understand the processes, challenges and resources available for those who wanna do this on their own.

If your suggestions can't be mailed in this platform please send to nkululeko@pendulum-ai.co.za or nsm.branding@gmail.com.

I am looking forward to hearing from you'all!!

Nkululeko

South Africa

2 answers

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Janet Dixon April 29, 2022

Nkululeko, 

Hi! 

If your goal is to build a website for a personal small business, I wouldn’t use Confluence Cloud.  I would go with something like Word Press, Squarespace or bluehost.  This will give you much more control over the look, design, and feel of your site and enable you to customize it more for your specific business, domain, and other functionality like eventually having an online store, customer mailing lists, hosting, etc..

Most companies using Confluence Cloud use it to maintain a staff or customer knowledge/document repository. If you've never put a web site together, it can be challenging  and a lot of work.  You should be able to find a local independent Web designer in your area who can at least get you started and help guide you in the right direction.

Good luck!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2022

From an Atlassian perspective, the obvious answer is "Use Confluence" - you can do some simple configuration, and then get stuck into creating your content, you don't have to worry about building a website then.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events