How can I see space access for a group

Dave Jennings February 2, 2023

I know that I can go to a space and see what groups have what permissions. But how can I go to a group and see all of it's permissions for spaces?

If I go to User Management -> Groups, click on a group, then go to Edit group's access it just takes me back to a page where I can manage Product access. I want to see Space access.

Any ideas?

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2023

Hi @Dave Jennings ,

Space Permissions Overview (free)

Data security becomes more and more critical, especially for cloud products. If you are a space admin responsible for permissions management, this app will save you tremendous time. Don't waste time clicking through thousands of areas, make sure no crucial internal information is shared through personal spaces, filter for permissions by users or groups and easily export your results to JSON or CSV.

1 vote
Keith Sottung February 4, 2023

As an admin to an 1,100 user confluence community. This would be a nice feature 

1 vote
Geetanjali Sharma February 2, 2023

Hi @Dave Jennings 

You can access Space permissions for any particular group via Confluence --> Settings (clog icon at top right corner) --> Space Permissions -->Edit Permissions. Here you can add or remove the group and edit their permissions as per your requirement.

Capture.JPG

Dave Jennings February 4, 2023

Thanks @Geetanjali Sharma, although I'm trying to work in the other direction.

I don't want to go through each space to see if a given group has access, we have 24 separate spaces and numerous groups. I want to look at the group and see which spaces it can see.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Hi @Dave Jennings ,

Inspect permissions is an advanced permissions feature, and is only available in Confluence Data Center.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf713/inspect-permissions-1077914022.html

Danish memon June 19, 2023

WHATS MY JOB

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events