Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar synchronization

Pres October 3, 2023

Is there a method to automatically synchronize an event to another calendar within Confluence Data Center? For instance, can a staff holiday event be added in one calendar and automatically appear in another calendar, eliminating the need for manual entry in the second calendar?

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2023

hello @Pres ~ you can do this but you would need to add the other calendar to your calendar and uncheck the event types from the other calendar that you don't want to see.

Pres October 3, 2023

Wow! @Laurie Sciutti, I appreciate your help. Could you please provide more details so that I can understand how to accomplish this?

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2023
Like Pres likes this
Pres October 3, 2023

@Laurie Sciutti  Thank you, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like it if, for instance, when I create an event called 'holiday,' it automatically shows up on other calendars

Like Steven Haworth likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2023

I'm not aware of a way to do that.  What I have done, though, is create a separate Holiday Calendar so that anyone can add it to their own Calendar for consistency around the organization.  That way, individuals don't need to create their own holidays.  If you centralize into a separate Calendar, it can be consumed by everyone as needed.  HTH

Like Pres likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Haworth October 3, 2023

That's a good idea, and one we could use as well.  We have a global team - with multiple holidays depending on the region.

And, we have multiple teams - all with their own team calendars.

Thus, sharing all those holidays across all those calendars is indeed difficult to manage.

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2023

@Steven Haworth  Create Regional Holiday Calendars.  These can then be added to other calendars as applicable and thus only need to be managed in one place. 

Like mb likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events