Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a limit of 5 repository links per component?

Tony Urso January 3, 2023

I imagine there's a reason behind the limit that I'm missing, but looking at the component types I have to imagine there's an application or monolith out there that's made up of more than 5 repos.

This limits the flexibility of Compass and is requiring our team to look into workarounds. Less we may end up needing a 3rd party tool for service/repo management instead.

Would love to know what others have done to work with/around this or if there's something I'm missing.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Andrew Freedman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2023

Hi Tony, we recently increased the limit for each link type from 5 to 10; let me know if that change hasn't worked for you though.

Can you tell me a bit more about the application/monolith model spread out over multiple repos that you're describing? My initial reaction was that those would be best modelled as seperate components in Compass, which would allow you to track ownership/events/metrics/etc discretely — and that starts to feel a lot like a decomposed piece of software rather than a monolith. We're always really keen to hear about different ways of organising code & projects. :)

Also, +1 to @Alfred's suggestion — that's my recommendation for link types like documentation. If you have dozens of docs, maybe put them into a Confluence page and link to that single page instead of trying to reference them all in Compass discretely. Repos are a little different however, as linking them in Compass allows us to ingest events and metrics generated by the SCM.

0 votes
Alfred January 3, 2023

Try creating a link to a file which lists out every repository link.

Tony Urso January 3, 2023

Hi Alfred,

Are you referring to configuration as code or some other kind of file? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events