Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What data does compass store, especially related to the various repos it connects to?

Robert Noble September 20, 2023

Hi All,

Our team is looking to leverage Compass in our organization but there are a few concerns from our InfoSec team.

1. Compass is a beta product and typically beta products are not fully supported. Moreover, having that connected to prod systems raises concerns for them. There is a concern there and a question around when it will go into GA (I know no date as of yet has been mentioned).

2. More importantly, they want clarification on what data is actually stored in Compass. Their primary concern is around development code and similar data being stored in Compass. My understanding is that Compass merely connects to the repos and does not store any code itself, however they do want a clarification from Atlassian.

Let me know if this is the right spot to ask these questions!

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Noble September 28, 2023

Can someone from Atlassian answer this?

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2023

Hey Robert, Compass doesn't store your source code. We process webhooks from Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab and store the related events and metrics detailed here in our docs https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/compass/integrations/integrate-Compass-with-GitHub/. If you use the config as code feature, we look for a `compass.yaml` file in the repository. And of course, we'll store the link to the repository itself. But no source code!

Look for official announcement on general availability very soon :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events