Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding future capabilities

Valentyn Serdiuk April 6, 2022

Hello, I have few questions regarding current and upcoming features:

1) as for now component dependencies restricted to up to 25 - currently our team have components that depend on more then 50 other services/functions/etc mainly because of orchestration we use - so question will this parameter be configurable or no?

2) jira integration currently works as project per service, but we use epic per service so when I add link to epic it broke integration and I got message something went wrong when I go to jira integration page - question is will it stay project per service or will it be some improvements like epic per service(or, ideally, multiple items like per service, like tasks, stories, epics etc)

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

I'll let @Andrew Freedman speak to #1 re: dependencies. 

For #2, as @pavel hinted, we are working on a new version of the mapping that doesn't require the Project connection. We are planning to start with a global custom field that you can use across all your projects; it's just enabled per issue type like any other custom field would be. 

If you're up for a chat about how you'd like to use Jira x Compass, you can book some time on my calendar :) I'd love to talk about your use case in more detail. 

Andrew Freedman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2022

Hi Valentyn,

We don't have any plans to make the dependency limit user configurable, but we can certainly consider adjusting it if it's inhibiting customers from succeeding with Compass.

Can you tell me a little more about how your components are set up? I notice you mentioned "functions" — are you referring to serverless functions? If it's easier we can arrange a Zoom call to discuss.

Thanks,

Andrew

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Valentyn Serdiuk April 7, 2022

Hi, basically we have centralised orchestration BPMS that executes business logic and calls underlaying services/functions - so this component depends on all services that it calls and it's definitely over 25.
As for functions - we have 2 types of serverless functions - AWS lambda-based and internally hosted. So if it's possible to add to Compass custom types it be great, because of now our "other" section looks like trash bin :) - we have here bpms processes, 2 types of functions, bunch of third-parties like vault, kafka, postgresql etc, along with terraform jobs and so on :) in contrary, our application tab has only 2 apps - android and ios versions

Like # people like this

@Katie Silver sorry, but only slots that available is like 3-4 am my local time best, others worse :)

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2022

@Valentyn Serdiuk time zones are tricky! Here's a global calendly link - some of my teammates are in the United States, overlap may be better there? 

If not, you are welcome to email me at ksilver@atlassian.com with any additional details. We'll make it work :) 

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Andrew Freedman
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2022

@Valentyn Serdiuk we're currently trialling a higher limit of dependencies (200) for one customer — would you be interested in being included in this trial?

— Andrew

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pavel Shkleinik
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2022

You can expect hopefully good changes for the #2 soon and then even more changes, but less soon ;)

thx

Pavel Shkleinik
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2022
Like Andrew Freedman likes this
Valentyn Serdiuk May 20, 2022

Thank you this is amazing!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events