Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of visible events in activity feed for a given timeframe

Oleksii Danilov April 24, 2024

While it seems possible to send multiple events with the same/close enough date in field lastUpdated (btw, according to documentation here, this field should be optional, but request fails without it) -> there is a problem with displaying such events, as there does not seem to be an option to zoom in timerange.

Let's say I want to track events which happen every minute; the only limitation I was able to find is user+token combination should not send more that 100 requests per minute. Suppose there were two events:

1. 2024-04-24T12:11:21.239Z

2. 2024-04-24T12:16:21.239Z

These events are right now "merged" in UI to an icon, which kind of suggests that there are more that 1 events there (shape is irregular, it is not really round as a single request), and when you hover over it -> yeah, it shows that there are 2 events. Not too obvious but somehow works.

Now let's assume another event comes in (plus one minute to previous event):

3. 2024-04-24T12:17:21.239Z

UI again shows "oval" icon, which suggests there are more than 2 events in that time range, but hovering over it, now only first and last one is visible, and event 2024-04-24T12:16:21.239Z is gone.

There may be ways to retrieve them via API calls, build own frontent to display... but I think this defeats the purpose of using the tool, at least in this context.

Alright, there is also a List view available to display events - but it does not show any. Could it be because we are not yet using paid account for a trial (so it is useable only for Full users)?

Another interesting observation: when I navigate from Timeline (where some events are displayed) to List (where there is nothing) -> and then navigate back to Timeline, latter is empty now as well. Now I have to reload the page manually.

Anyhow, my questions are:

1. What is the resolution, with which events can be displayed in Timeline view. Seems only clue right now is the irregularity is shape of event icon :) Would be nice if at least number of events can be shown in popup for such "merged" events
2. Will all events be displayed in List view - provided I can hopefully get it to work in Full account?
3. If events are always sequential (at least a millisecond apart), will just sending updateSequenceNumber as current UNIX timestamp do the trick, for events not to overwrite one another?
4. Are there any plans to provide a zooming option in Activity view (effectively increasing resolution of displaying events)?

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 14.11.50.pngScreenshot 2024-04-24 at 14.13.31.pngScreenshot 2024-04-24 at 14.19.48.pngScreenshot 2024-04-24 at 14.26.52.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events