Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management Deployments

Jake Sorrentino
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2023

Hello,

I work on a team that does both development and help desk support for our ERP software. We have recently switched our helpdesk over to Jira SM and are beginning to learn how to integrate that into our existing Jira Software. One issue we have is that when we get a ticket from a user about a fix that needs to be made in our ERP, it gets added to our Kanban board with our other development work for the Sprint. We work in 3 environments of our ERP, and typically we mark these tickets as Done before their promoted to our Production environment (which is usually part of a Release with other updates). Is there a way we can add these JSM tickets to a Deployment/Release, and in a way that communicates to the user that it is in process of being deployed?

Also, would love advice from anyone on similar teams on how to improve our workflow and customer service!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
eugenio_onofre
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2023

Hi @Jake Sorrentino

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

The right way to achieve what you are expecting is using both ISSUE LINK and AUTOMATION solutions.

With issue link, you can relate all incidents reported by your users on the JSM project to one or more bugs/improvements in your Jira Software. Please refer to this documentation.

Atlassian Automation will help you to add comments and update the incident tickets whenever the Jira Software ticket is update. Please refer to this documentation.

Please do not forget to accept this answer in case it helps you resolve your issue as it may help other community members in the future.

Regards,
Eugenio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events