Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there going to be a way to assigned multiple components to a JSM Service?

Marcus Shane July 18, 2023

image.png

Is the 'Compass' field on the Jira Service Management 'Edit Service' screen going to be allowed, at some point, to assign multiple Compass components?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

Hi @Marcus Shane thanks for your question! 

At the moment this isn't on the roadmap. However, I'd love to learn more about your use case. Could you give me an example of how you see multiple Compass components mapping to a single JSM Service? 

Marcus Shane July 21, 2023

Katie,

We were envisioning JSM Services as more of a wrapper for multiple Compass components. For example, we currently have 3 Compass components, from a developer prospective, that support one service, from a customer/technical support perspective. The customer/technical support perspective are unaware, and to be honest is too far in the weeds to be meaningful to them. It would be the more "public" representation of back-end tooling. I hope that helps. 

As an aside, it would also be helpful to have a way to group Compass components as well. We are currently doing some of that grouping with tags, but to have that integrated in the UI would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for making a really cool product! It has been very helpful in describing the DevOps estate of assets!

Like # people like this
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2023

Got it. Thanks so much! 

At the moment, I'd suggest using capabilities to define the "customer facing" service, and then have the developer-facing services all be dependent on it. However I know that's not exactly a hierarchy like you're thinking about. 

We'll keep talking about how we can solve it on our side. Thanks again for your feedback @Marcus Shane :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events