cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an import provider SPI?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2022

I've been previously importing Bitbucket repositories by navigating to the page via 'Apps' > 'Configure' and only just now realized the 'Import components' menu that navigates to the same page while checking out the new GitHub import feature.

Is there an SPI to register an app as an import provider so that it appears in that menu, I cannot seem to find something in the Compass Forge modules or Compass API docs? Or is this based on a manually curated list at this point?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2022

Hi @Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ , thanks for your suggestion. You are right, at the moment it's a hard coded list (and we released that import path after the Bitbucket app was already out, so that's probably why you just noticed it!) 

At the moment, the only apps available to import components were built by our team, which is why we have been able to hard code it. We do anticipate some sort of ability to categorize apps by capability eventually, but we're still getting there.

I'll share your suggestion with the rest of the PM team as well. As soon as this is an external capability, we'll make sure our docs are updated. Thanks again! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events