Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get a graph of a Compass Metric over time?

James Wilson November 7, 2022

My use case is that I've created metrics for things like: unit test coverage, adoption of typescript, use of inline CSS styles - all things I'd like to increase or phase out of the codebase.

I've set up Compass API calls in a pipeline to update these when PRs are merged, which is working fine. I'd love to be able to see how they change over time though - for example how the migration of a project to typescript is going?

I guess my questions are 1. Is this currently possible? and 2. If not, how can I request it as a feature?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Hill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2022

Hi James,

I'm the Product Manager for Scorecards and Metrics and we're exploring this area currently. Can we find some time to chat about some ideas we have for this?

Here's my calendly: https://calendly.com/patrick-atlassian/let-s-talk-about-compass?month=2022-11&date=2022-11-14

Thanks,

Patrick

James Wilson November 8, 2022

Thank you Patrick :) Have added something!

Like Jan-Hendrik Spieth likes this
Piotr Gajowniczek April 5, 2023

Hi, I was wondering the same regarding charts for tracking history of metric values.

What was the outcome of your discussion? Is there any way to see such chart or are there plans to add such feature in the future?

Patrick Hill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

Hey @Piotr Gajowniczek

We'll be adding this feature this quarter into the product, so stay tuned!

Like # people like this
Daniel Konold April 2, 2024

any news on that? I am also wondering if there are options, like for the "derived" metrics, to get averages displayed, smth like the average hours/week to deploy into production

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events