Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use Integrate with AWS (Compass) but there is no "Configure" button

Christopher Marti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

Good Day,

I'm setting up Compass and attempting to use the Integrate with AWS app. I am unable to get through the beginning steps because there is no "Configure" button. I've installed the app, but that is as far as I'm able to get. The documentation and community don't seem to have anything that explains why this is the case. Please Help.

Thank You!

1 answer

2 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2024

Hi @Christopher Marti, and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Also, sorry for the late reply, seems we need to improve our monitoring of the Community here.

The 'Configure' flow is indeed key to making the app work and should always be available via the 'Install with AWS (Compass)' card reachable though the Compass 'Apps' menu - here's how that looks like right now in our own instance:

integrate-with-aws-compass-card.png

That being said, your question made me realize that we do not yet offer a 'Configure' link from the 'AWS resources' page, which is a notable usability flaw indeed, thanks for pointing this out! I've added this to our backlog and hope we can address it soon.

In case the 'Configure' button is actually missing on the Compass 'Apps' card, I'd appreciate if you could submit a support request so that we can take the investigation offline.

Cheers,
Steffen

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2024

Forgot to follow up here, we've meanwhile added a 'Configure app' image link with the common 'gear' icon to each regular page in our apps:iaws-configure-link-icon.png

Thanks again for pointing out this usability flaw!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events