Announcements Target Date field restrictions

Chad Griffith February 17, 2023

Hi all,

I apologize if this has been posted anywhere already; I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant.

We have been trying out Compass a bit. I created an announcement about a service upgrade we were having; that worked perfectly.

Well, it turned out the service upgrade did not happen yesterday evening as planned.

So I created another announcement on this component this morning regarding this. Currently it seems that the Target Date field is restricted to current date and future dates. I really wanted to make the target date yesterday because that is when the upgrade was scheduled for and also when it didn't happen.

Is it possible to remove, or relax this restriction somehow? 

Or also, do you think that this isn't the type of thing we should be putting in Announcements? It seems ok to me, but I am new to dev portals, etc.

2 answers

1 vote
Laura February 17, 2023

I'd write into the "todays" announcement, that the upgrade did not work as expected. This would be scheduled for today. 

Then I'd create another announcement with a future date, when another attempt will be made for the upgrade. 

I think announcements are not ment to be dated in the past. They are news for the (recent) future

0 votes
Luke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2023

+1 to @Laura 's answer.

You may also consider using the Activity Feed to display actual events that have occurred. At the moment 'other events' will need to be populated through the API. 

I see that there could be value in connecting Announcements with the Activity Feed to view all past announcements. As the target date of an announcement passes, the announcement might appear on the feed, and the date adjusted if necessary.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events