Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usable Compass.yml JSON schema

Christopher Stolk April 3, 2023

Hi there! I've started discovery on Compass as a tool to catalogue our software landscape. So far I'm impressed by its features, however the lack of a publicly accessible schema for the compass.yml file makes documenting through code a less than viable option.

However! Instead of coming here to complain I figured I might as well create a rough draft of the schema myself and share it here! It has been a while since I've had to create a schema myself, so any suggestions and/or improvements are welcome.

The schema currently supports:

• All inputs defined in the documentation
  • Validation for enum-esque inputs
    • component types
    • lifecycle stages
    • link types
    • custom field types (only the type itself, not the actual value)
  • Validation of typeId in conjunction with the tier field (as described under the fields section in the docs)
  • Pattern validation for component and team ARI's

GitHub gist - Compass schema 

Raw schema (directly usable) 

1 comment

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Wooo awesome! Really appreciate you going the extra mile here and sharing the gist, thank you! I'd like to turn this around quickly since you gave us a leg up, let me connect with the team and see if we can get this published with our dev docs. Cheers, awesome work Chris!

Like # people like this
Christopher Stolk April 4, 2023

Hi Josh, thanks for the kind words. It'd be great to see this published to schemastore.org to integrate this more easily in all sorts of tools. Feel free to use what I shared as a base (or directly share it)

Like Richard Simpson likes this
Richard Simpson May 4, 2023

+1 to getting it in schemastore so VSCode can automatically pick this up

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events