Idea: more filters for components

Mario Moser September 21, 2021

Feature idea

Having played with Compass and its UI, I feel that more filters in the components view could be helpful, especially filtering "the other way round". I couldn't find those functions, but it might be I missed them. Some examples:

• Filter components by its linked project (new team members might want to acquaint themselves about the components of the project they are assigned to)
    • Combined view of all components of a linked project
  • Filter components by its reverse dependency (to know which components might be impacted by a change, good combination with the upcoming announcements)
  • Filter components by Tier level (although I am not yet sure, how to best use the proposed tier system, I might be useful to e.g. view all critical components)
  • Filter by label (I think the functionality might already be mentioned in New-feature-labels )

1 comment

chris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the ideas. I am excited to hear you will find this useful, and it really helps us in understanding your needs and wants, and hope to hear more from other users who would like this feature. 

We have considered adding more filtering, sorting and such to the component listing view, but we were not sure if any users would find it useful just yet. In the meantime, we are focusing on other features and hoping they will be just as useful to you. The feedback from you and other users will help us in feature planning. Please keep it coming.

Also, if other users like this feature request, please like the original posts or leave comments. 

Thanks!

Chris

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events