Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Request: Snyk for Compass

Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2023

Hello wonderful Compass beta users,

Shu from Compass here! Compass has started work on our second security app, Snyk! We’d love to hear from you on how you use Snyk day-to-day for security operations, and what your ideal Snyk integration for Compass might look like.

Our current exploration revolves around you adding a link to your Snyk project(s). From there, the app can pull in things such as open vulnerabilities and licenses.

The team’s designed three concepts below. Please let us know if you’d find any of the concepts below helpful in your Snyk app.

If you’d like to see other security tools for Compass, let us know which ones and what you’d like to see from them! 

Please let @Josh Campbell or I know if you'd like to chat about Snyk, other security apps (or apps in general), templates or automation. 

Metrics.png

Filters.png

Events.png

scorecards.png

4 comments

David Harper May 4, 2023

This looks good. The only part I'm unsure about is adding the events to the timeline. Quite often we get dependency issues in Snyk where there is no known resolution for a while. I'd be concerned about adding "noise" to the events timeline without a way of hiding the Synk ones. I think I'd like a toggle to opt-in on that one, after which the selection persists.

Like # people like this
Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hey @David Harper ! Thank you so much for your feedback. Totally hear you on the 'noise' concern. I'd love to learn more. It sounds like you'd like 'filters' for the activity feed. 

If we did support a filter, would you be interested in filtering all vulnerabilities, or just the ability to see critical (and maybe high severity) ones? Are you also interested in license violations from dependencies or do you also consider that noise?

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
David Harper May 9, 2023

Hey @Shubhank Sahay ,

I think I'd want to filter all of them (or toggle all the levels). I'm not sure about license violations. Currently I'm not sure it's very useful to our workflow, but you could implement that and it might become useful!

I guess the activity timeline is about telling stories and identifying patterns. "x happened at this time, which was followed by y and a failure of z". I think anything added to this timeline needs to be able to be justified in helping to tell these stories around identifying a timeline of failure.

Like # people like this
Garyl Paras May 8, 2023

Looks promising. Is there a way this app can be added to our organization so that we can test and play around?

Like # people like this
Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2023

@Garyl Paras Not yet to my knowledge. @Josh Campbell Would love to see if you have thoughts and can help out here!

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2023

Hey Garyl, hope all is well! This is some mocks Shu put together for Snyk to help get some validation on ideas we have. We want to make sure we're delivering features yall want so any feedback on what you like or don't goes a very long way! We haven't actually begun development on it just yet but will absolutely keep you in mind for early access.

Like # people like this
Garyl Paras August 9, 2023

Any updates on the release date for this one?

Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2023

Hey @Garyl Paras  look out for something next week! :)

Like Garyl Paras likes this
Shubhank Sahay
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2023

Hey @Garyl Paras  I wanted to follow up and make a little correction on my end. We're looking to have an update for you on Snyk next week!

Like Florian Sauter likes this
Garyl Paras August 17, 2023

Thanks @Shubhank Sahay 

Florian Sauter September 12, 2023

Hi @Shubhank Sahay I could not find an update on Synk - has there been any updates?

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2023

Hey Florian we've got an early access version available for testing if you are interested. Just hit the "Give feedback" button in the upper right in Compass and ask if you can have the Snyk app enabled, when I see that come through I can enable it for your site. We expect the full release for all customers by end of October. 

Like Florian Sauter likes this
HOme Expert
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2023

Integrating Snyk for Compass can fortify your security, much like obtaining a Degree Attestation UAE secures your credentials and qualifications. This combination provides a robust approach to protecting your projects.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events