Event Driven Architecture

David Harper January 24, 2023

Hey all,

I can see a useful use-case for Compass when a company is using an Event Driven Architecture and it could provide a catalog of events you could use in your applications.

I don't think individual events should be components, but it'd be super handy if there was a view to aggregate events published or subscribed across your estate.

Something like https://www.eventcatalog.dev/ but integrated in to Compass. The most basic implementation could be as a separate tab on a component like the OpenAPI integration does currently which shows published/subscribed and payload examples, but ideally it'd be able to have an overview screen that spanned all components.

Is this something that others might find useful too?

1 comment

Moinul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2023

Hey I'm from the Compass Engineering team and thanks for bringing this to our attention!

We have similar use case within Atlassian as well. We are exploring on whether it makes sense to bring this in Compass as a native functionality or it should be exposed via a forge integration. We don't have any immediate plans around it, but its something we are interested in!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events