Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CI/CD self-services

Daniel Hamelberg October 6, 2022

Hello, I'm looking into the added value of Compass in regard to CI/CD self-services provided by e.g. Release teams to (microservice) dev teams, operational SRE teams and infrastructure teams across (3) global regions.

For example, a self-service could be self-managed GitLab Runners. A release team develops and releases a custom Helm chart for GitLab Runners. For the release team this involves having a development, testing and release process, documentation and release notes.

The technical resources involved throughout the service include compute resources (EKS, EC2, Fargate) and tooling GitLab-CI, Karpenter, Golang, Helm, ArgoCD, Jira. Configuration is defined in yaml. GitOps is used for Continuous Delivery.

1 comment

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Hey Daniel, when you say "self-service" I am imagining that you are wondering if you can use Compass to allow your users to provision templated service offerings within your environment. If that's what you're asking, currently no Compass does not offer the ability to provision templated things like GitLab runners out of the box. You could use our developer platform to build a custom app(s) to accomplish things like this though :)

I'd be super keen to discuss this with you more if you're interested, feel free to grab some time here.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events