Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Search Components By Metric

Richard Simpson February 17, 2023

Howdy! We're already loving using Compass as component health tool, however there is a pain point I wanted to ask about. We're using Compass to surface various health metrics, but we don't necessarily want to make scorecards on those metrics (and cause false "failed" indicators).

Instead, we'd like to be able to dig down into those metrics across teams and components so we can sort and filter components by metric value. Wondered if this is something the team would consider/is considering.

1 comment

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2023

@Richard Simpson thanks for the insight! 

Are you thinking you'd want to set a range of metrics values to filter by, or a specific value? If you have an example it would be super useful. We're happy to consider search improvements and expansions as they come up.

Like Richard Simpson likes this
Richard Simpson February 21, 2023

At the moment, a specific value but range would also work.

For context, we're ingesting custom metrics like vulnerability information, tooling versions, and open Bot PRS.

So I might want to ask "What components have the most Bot PRS open?", "What projects have > X high vulns", "What are outlier repos in MTTR?". For ranges, using custom fields and tags to ask "what repositories do we still have marked using deprecated tool or < x version".

If that makes sense? These aren't necessarily things we want flashing red for teams, but would want to provide to teams to make educated prioritization and refactoring decisions.

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2023

Yep, this makes sense. Thanks for outlining those examples. 

I can't promise a timeline, but I'll bring this back to my team and see what we can do. This is certainly something I'd like to deliver once we have space in the roadmap.

Will keep you posted!

Katie Silver
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2023

@Richard Simpson , just chatting with my team, it sounds like we're working on a view on the Global Metrics page that would allow sorting components by metric value. Perhaps a good solution while we work on getting it added to search? @Patrick Hill is the PM for that team, if you're interested you can add time to his calendar to discuss it: Calendly

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Richard Simpson February 21, 2023

Absolutely, that'd be a great bridge solution!

Like Katie Silver likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events