Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket integration permissions

Pau Oliveras April 21, 2023

Hi there!

I was trying to connect Compas with bitbucket but I halted when I saw the required permissions.

image (4).png

I was wondering why does Compass need the "Delete repositories" permission and worried of potential issues with this.

Is it really necessary?

Thank you!

1 comment

Josh Campbell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2023

Hey Pau, Josh here from the product team. Currently, Compass does not perform any operations to delete or modify any of your repositories - it only reads information. We have future use-cases in mind that require creating and modifying repositories but that functionality does not yet exist. We’ll evaluate our current scopes and determine if we can tone it down a bit but no guarantees we will remove any of the permissions at this time. But again, we don't do any delete operations today! Hope this helps, I've also added a note to update our docs.

Like Abhaykumar Patil likes this
Pau Oliveras April 24, 2023

Hi Josh, thank you for your reply!

I would really be more encouraged to test Compass without the delete permission required, specially considering that the tool is still in Beta phase and according to what you mentioned, that future needs may require creation and modification of repositories only.

I will be paying attention for future updates!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events