Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most interesting tree in the world ?

Dana A July 26, 2023

I read this today and found it pretty interesting

Here are some of the most interesting trees around the world   

• Tree shaped like a hand
  • "World Famous Tree House"
  • Chapel Oak
  • Ray Bradbury's Halloween Tree at Disneyland
  • Dragon Blood Tree
  • Rainbow Eucalyptus
  • Angel Oak
  • The Hangman's Elm
  • Bike in a Tree
  • Crooked Trees in Poland
  • Coast Redwood, the tallest tree in the world.

6 comments

Comment

George Pomar July 26, 2023

This is in a place called Big Tree Park!  This park was also the home of the 3.500 year tree (The Senator) that was burned down a few years ago.

Lady Liberty Cypress - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Liberty_(tree)

Like # people like this
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2023

There are so many interesting trees and tree species in the world; as a wood worker and wannabe carpenter I enjoy working with wenge, zebrawood, purpleheart, and others with cool grain or uniquie colors. BUt for the most interesting I'm going with the koa tree, and specifically the Kona Hema Preserve on the island of Hawai'i. 

• The tree only grows in Hawai'i, so it is one of the rarest species in the world 
  • It has significant cultural and spiritual value for the people of Hawai'i
  • The grain is unique and stunningly beautiful; it is prized among wood crafters
  • It is a great tonewood and is used for stringed instruments, mostly ukeleles. 
Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2023

The Great Banyan Tree in West Bengal, India, is certainly fascinating.  It's more than 250 years old, and they had to amputate the main trunk back in the 1920's due to it rotting... so that the remainder of the tree would continue to thrive.  I haven't seen it, but was fortunate enough to see another massive banyan tree just outside St. Paul's Cathedral in Kolkata.

Acharya_Jagadish_Chandra_Bose_Indian_Botanic_Garden_-_Howrah_2011-01-08_9728.jfif

Like # people like this
Mary Agueros July 26, 2023

Thanks for the share Dana. A great read during an afternoon break. 🌳

Like # people like this
Cassie the Jira Mechanic
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2023

I personally love flowering trees such as the Japanese Cherry Blossom tree. When I lived in Japan I loved experiencing all of the Cherry Blossom festivals ( Sakura Festival). It was picturesque seeing their petals scattering the parks like freshly fallen flurries of snow. In fact, I loved them so much when I purchased my home I planted a Sakura tree out front! Additionally, now that I live in the Washington DC area I make a point to go to the Monuments and enjoy the sights of all the Cherry Blossoms while I wait for my tree get bigger! 

cherry blososm 3.jpgcherry blossom2.jpgcherry blossom4.jpg

Marudha Sundar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2023

Amarula tree

The King of Trees Marula Tree of the Elephant :) (interesting videos in YouTube & Interesting for Humans in Liqueur shop :) )

OIP.jfif

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events