Welcome to the Atlassian Community Kudos program!

What is the Community Kudos program?

In short, it’s a reward system where you can earn points and badges (and sometimes swag and prizes) for participating in activities in the Atlassian Community. We’ve pulled out some of the most important need-to-knows below. You can also read the latest updates at this link.

Am I enrolled in kudos?

Maybe! If you see a count of your kudos next to your avatar at the upper right of your screen, you are enrolled. You can click on this to see all the program content. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 11.00.12 AM.png    

If you are not enrolled but want to be, you can click the button that says “Kudos” to see a preview and opt in.  Until you officially enroll, your actions will not count.

Here is the preview, with "Join the Kudos program" at the bottom!

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.08.44 PM.png

How does it work?

Our reputation system is called “Kudos” and is similar to Atlassian Answers karma from back in the day. You can earn points for your community activity, and can give “peer Kudos" to other users on their profiles or from the kudos window. You will be able to see what you’ve earned and what you’ve unlocked, and how many points you can earn.

What about the community badges I’ve already earned?

Your badges (on the “Badge” tab of your profile) are separate from the Kudos badges on the “Kudos” tab of your profile. 

We are in the process of retiring some of our legacy badges, and more information on that can be found here.  We will not be retiring the meaningful long-term badges that count up all the questions you’ve answered, your accepted solutions, etc.  Instead, we are working towards a holistic trophy case that will let you display all your achievements in one place. 

What about other the stuff I've already done?

As mentioned above, for any new badge or challenge that is launched, your activity is not retroactive. (In other words, your previous activity on the community won't count.)  This is part of the reason we start one leaderboard over every quarter - no matter when you jump in, you have a chance to hit the top of the leaderboard in any given quarter.

I have feedback!

This is a great time to give us feedback on the present and future of the program. Do you find anything confusing? Anything that could work better?  Any ideas for new badges you would like to see? Or just want to throw some ideas around with your fellow kudos participants? You can start a discussion anytime using this link.

I have questions about “giving Kudos” to people

The points you receive by completing challenges or given to you by other users are added to your overall account and determines your level  in the program.  On top of that, you also have the ability to award kudos to users indivdually. 

To do this, go to the kudos panel or the person’s profile and select a reason from the drop-down list.  Your profile will display the peer kudos you’ve recieved in the past 90 days, and each kudos you get will give you 100 points added to your kudos total.

Giving peer kudos to others does not subtract from your total.

Wait, where am I right now

You are now reading a post in the Community Kudos Feedback group! Please join the group by clicking this button in the sidebar for regular updates about the program.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 10.58.02 AM.png

If at any point you want to stop watching content, click “Unwatch” in the sidebar. TIn the meantime, this group is here for all your feedback and questions.

I have other questions.

Post them in the comments or create a new post in the group to discuss. I’ll be here along with @PJ Zaiac   to help answer your questions, make tweaks based on your feedback, and announce any major changes or new features. 

We can’t wait to hear what you think! Have fun!

last updated January 2024

54 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2022

Looks like lot of efforts, actioning and posts on the way.

Like # people like this
Sanoh Umu November 9, 2022

Thanks alot.

Like # people like this
Michael Guttman December 6, 2022

What is this?

Like # people like this
Venessa T_Hart December 6, 2022

Thank you. 

Like # people like this
Dow Osage December 6, 2022

I was not aware of the community features. This post was helpful!  Thank so much for posting this. 

Like # people like this
Rhyan December 6, 2022

Ah shoot! Prepare to be hyped up y'all!!

Like # people like this
Tracy Griffin December 6, 2022

Hello, and thank you for the add!

Like # people like this
Elizabeth_Johnson December 6, 2022

Hi Everyone!

Like # people like this
LeAnne Rheaume December 6, 2022

An awesome feature - thanks for flagging it for us so we can enjoy! 

Like # people like this
Geetha Neelakantam December 6, 2022

Thanks'

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hello and welcome to all the other folks that joined on December 6th like myself!  We must have gotten the same email.  ;)  

Like # people like this
Anusha A
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

Informative!!

Like # people like this
Mirsaëls RAKOTONDRABE December 7, 2022

Greeting from Madagascar :) 

Like # people like this
Ken Morrill December 7, 2022

Message post for entertainment value only.  I believe I should qualify for 4,338,007 points for having my step-son just hiring on to Atlassain as a developer!  

Like # people like this
Tracy Griffin December 7, 2022

Ken - I'll need your step-son's email address so I can float my Trello wish list ;)

Like # people like this
Marc December 7, 2022

Noice!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 7, 2022

@Ditte Simard I think you're right 😉 

Welcome, everyone!

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

@Monique vdB I suppose I technically joined on December 7th since I didn't click the join button until today.  😜 

Like # people like this
Toyosi O
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2022

This is so enlighten!

Like # people like this
Tim Bernat December 8, 2022

Indeed it is.

Like # people like this
Mo Bhimji December 9, 2022

Looks interesting... first time truly using Atlassian products, so hope to learn a lot from those that have been using their tools regularly.

Like # people like this
Tharaka_Hettiarachchi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2022

Thanks alot!

Like # people like this
Barış Özer December 13, 2022

Thanks alot! (:

Like # people like this
arochere December 13, 2022

feels like quarterly reset is good and bad, but badges offset the bad, so mostly good I guess

Like # people like this
Tracey Prather December 13, 2022

Hi all! This looks interesting!! :) 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events