Update #6 on known issues and feedback

Hi all! The active challenge list has been updatedAn overview of the pilot is hereUpdate #1 is hereUpdate #2 is hereUpdate #3 is hereUpdate #4 is here. Update #5 is here

We are making progress on fixing group actions and have added a couple new challenges. There are even two new secret challenges out there for you to discover!

The biggest news, though, is that the pilot has been successful enough that we are going to extend it at least until June, and move into a "beta" phase.  This means we're going to make some changes to the program based on your feedback, and add new participants as well! We're also going to more thoroughly test each new challenge before release to cut down on the bugginess we've seen in the past. 

The exact timing of this is still TBD, but it's pretty exciting nonetheless.  More to come, and happy new year, kudos-ers! 

5 comments

Comment

Erika Nunotani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2021

Hello all! Designer on the Community team here 👋 Piggybacking off of Mo's post, I have a few questions!

1. What are your thoughts on the naming of the program "Kudos" vs the naming of being able to recognize your peers on the platform (also named "Kudos")?
  2. How do you think of Kudos? What unit of measurement do you use for them (points, currency, etc)? 
  3. Do you have any suggestions for program names or suggestions for names for the peer recognition aspect?

Thanks y'all!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2021

I thought this one would be only 1 time to achieve

grafik.png

for more accepted answers, I think I should only get the other problem solver badge

grafik.png

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

@Monique vdB - thanks Monique for gathering the challenge lists, and pushing this program along! 🙏

@Erika Nunotani - hi Erika! I'm liking the Kudos iterations, especially as the Kudos pane and its gadgets/widgets/sections (what ARE they called) begin to look more "natural" and integrated into the overall Community experience.

Regarding units of measurement: I feel "karma" is more common term for a common point system (especially on Slack, where there are many Karma bots), but it makes sense to use a word like "kudos"[1] especially since kudos offer tangible rewards. My only suggestion? Don't change kudos to Whuffie. 😅 And is it "kudos" all the time unless it's referring to the system, "Kudos"?

[1] which might not be as recognized worldwide, though amongst English speakers it probably is

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

Thanks for sharing this update @Monique vdB 

Erika Nunotani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

thanks @Dave Liao - those are some things we're trying to think through too! thanks for the feedback laugh

Like Dave Liao likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events