Update #5 on known issues and feedback

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 14, 2020

An overview of the pilot is hereUpdate #1 is hereUpdate #2 is hereUpdate #3 is here. Update #4 is here.

Thank to you everyone who has offered feedback on the pilot thus far as well as reports of issues with badges. Your patience is much appreciated. Based on initial feedback, the pilot has been extended and will run at least through January 22, 2021.  

The active challenge list has been updated. Note that Video Viewer and the December Video Challenge both involve watching videos on community.  You can find videos using the video tag.  If you have problems getting this badge to trigger, please confirm you are watching all the way to the end, make note of what browser you're using, then report in the comments below. 

Note: Using an ad blocker may impact your ability to earn this badge. Thanks to @Davin Studer for this insight. *sends kudos*

Monday Musings has been updated and is now for posting comments on discussion topics rather than starting new threads. Go forth and comment! 

The description of Receive 5 Likes has been updated to make it clear that this is a repeatable points bonus. Remember that only likes from pilot participants count! (That has also been added to the description.) 

Trending Teams is now for liking five articles in the Team Playbook collection.  Can we get this one to trigger? Let's find out together!

Known issues:

• "Kudos given" not refreshing for some users
  • Progress towards multi-step challenges not shown 
  • Day-of-the-week challenges locked into the Mountain Standard Time zone (not international-friendly)
  • Reports of issues with Video Viewer in some browsers

Please report anything I forgot in the comments below! 

12 comments

Comment

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2020

@Monique vdB - Trending Teams works!

Also, when I couldn't get Video Viewer to work on Chrome, I have an ad-blocker on, that might be why

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

Seems like this is working now

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

stupid adblocker...........thats the fault

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB ,

That's awesome! Let me give it a try!

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2020

Thx for the update @Monique vdB !

I had already tried the Trending Teams challenge when it was updated, but unfortunately did not trigger.

The same with the December Video challenge. I've watched every single Confluence video out there to no effect. Could it be that the videos page doesn't have a video tag?

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2020
Like Alexis Robert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

works without adblocker...........

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2020

Group hug (Comment 10 times in groups) also not working fo me

But I got "super grouper", which is for 50 comments.

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2020

@Monique vdB 

Ok! so I tried on a freshly installed browser without any add-on or an extension on it!

Everything works fine except

Trending Teams is Not Working

Give 5 likes not working

I'm not sure about server sage

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2020

That could be what is causing my problem - I have a network wide ad blocker installed.  I'll have to do some tinkering.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 17, 2020

@Kristin Lyons we have gotten reports that ad blockers may be part of the issue! since this is running as an "experiment" that only some users are seeing vs. being deeply embedded in the community, I think it's using JS or some other kind of code adblockers may disapprove of. 

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal @Monique vdB 

So yesterday, he liked 7 of my posts, see my activity feed

grafik.png

They are in your system, because I got the notification. so no adblocker error.

But somehow, your system does not count them, because I did not got the 5 likes badge.

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

@Monique vdB @Soumyadeep Mandal 

just saw you changed it from recieve 5 likes to give 5 likes

I liked 7 comments, does also not work for me

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

Hi @Alexander Pappert ,

it changed from receive 5 to give 5 likes because you had earn receive 5 like but give 5 likes is not working!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

only 2 achievments left

grafik.png

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

got it now

@Monique vdB 

does it count only for posts, or also for comments in the post

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 18, 2020

@Alexander Pappert oh no, we have to get you some new challenges! ;) 

are you asking about give 5 likes? should be for any post... I hope.

Well done!!!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2020

@Monique vdB 

yes, the give 5 likes one

yesterday it worked, but only when I gave 5 likes to the post, not on post comments

and yes, new challenges please

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

After disconnecting from my adblocker network and watching a video - I did receive the badge.  I used Safari.  It does appear that this is being blocked from a common adblocker :) 

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 19, 2020

Hi @Monique vdB

I ran into something new this morning. When I was trying to view the details of some of the shiny trophies in the trophy case, it appears that I can no longer scroll down in the details pane of individual trophies:

Screenshot 2020-12-19 at 14.04.53.png

This screenshot appears after clicking on the Level 3 Answer Bonus challenge. It is no longer possible to scroll down to reveal the hidden text at the bottom. A scroll bar appears on the right hand side, but it doesn't scroll (not from the touchpad of my laptop, nor when I try to click and scroll using the scroll bar itself.

I can confirm that it's not related to this specific trophy. Other trophies in the case show the same behaviour.

I'm seeing this on Chrome Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64).

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Like Alexander Pappert likes this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2020

same on my list

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2020

Actually I don't like that you're running into the same issue @Alexander Pappert - just happy to see confirmation that it's apparently more of a system problem than something with my personal setup :-)

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2020

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 11.37.08.png 

Oh no! Panic at the disco indeed @Monique vdB!

I have given deservedly given some kudos to some beloved fellow community leaders. I see my balance has gone down, in the overall feed I also saw them come by (so really happy that they arrived where they were intended to go), but I don't see them in my own overview of kudos given.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 22, 2020

@Walter Buggenhout I have reported the same problem! I'll add your report to the ticket. Sorry about that :( 

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2020

@Monique vdB 

I'm trying access to my kudos but nothing. Menù is not available in my profile. How I can reference my kudos????? Can you help me????

FABIO

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2020

Hi @Fabio Genovese ,

Just log out of your account and log in again!

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2020

Thanks @Soumyadeep Mandal but this doesn't work. 

Logout/login again: same situation.

Login with anonymous navigation: same situation.

Using different browser (chrome, firefox, safari): same situation. Kudos menù not available.

I don't know....

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2020

Hi @Fabio Genovese ,

All community leaders have got access to the kudos beta program and a few normal members from the community!

So is it available before on your profile? 

The kudos program will be available to everyone from next month!

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 25, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal as reported by others users, I'm IN kudos beta program, but I cannot see my kudos. So, my question is: Why????

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2020

Hi @Fabio Genovese ,

If there was a problem with a few accounts it will be fixed soon and if it has been disabled for all members then it will be available to everyone once it's launched officially!

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2020

@Fabio Genovese 

do you use adblocker or some plugins?

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2020

@Alexander Pappert No. No adblocker used. @Soumyadeep Mandal Thanks for your answer. I will waiting when program will be officially launched. 

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2020

Hi @Fabio Genovese ,

I can see your profile in the kudos program beta users list! There might be a problem and it will be solved soon!

You can also try to login from a mobile browser and use desktop mode!

Like Monika Rani likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

@Monique vdB  Give 5 likes is not working for me. I got the last one on 4th jan after that I liked many posts of our fellow pilot program but I did not get it. @Soumyadeep Mandal  @Alexander Pappert  is it working for you guys? 

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

@Monika Rani 

also not working for me (or not shown in the history)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 7, 2021

@Monika Rani @Alexander Pappert oh no! okay, we will investigate!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2021

@Monique vdB  @Monika Rani 

I checked my list and I got it on jan02. but till then I linke more than 5 posts of pilot members.

do likes on all answers count?

or only for the topic or the  first answer?

Like Kristin Lyons likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 15, 2021

@Monika Rani and @Alexander Pappert it looks like we have a bug with liking group content.  So likes for all content should count, but it is not working in groups. 

Does that help?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 15, 2021

Ha, I spoke too soon, it was not working in groups but now it is! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events