Update #12 on the community Kudos program

Hello kudos participants, and an especially big welcome to the program for those who have joined in the last few months. We’re so excited to be out of beta and to continue finding new ways to help you discover great content and reward you for your efforts!

Updated: As you may have noticed, now that it’s public, this group has been merged with the Community Contests group and is now called Community Contests & Kudos. This is your one-stop-shop to learn about all the fun and games the community has to offer.

New: Our Welcome Badge is available for any users at level 4 or below, and will give you 200 points for responding to the most recent Welcome Wednesday post, helping kick-start your kudos journey.                  welcomebadge.png

Updated: The “Good Answer” badge, which awards a bonus for every answer, is now only available for users from levels 3-11.

New: The “Gold Answer” badge also awards a bonus for every answer. It is available only for users at the Golden Seed, Golden Sprout or Golden Apple levels. That’s right, level 12 and above, we didn’t forget you.

New: Speaking of gold, the limited-time Going for Gold badge is available to you if you check out this article and nominate your team or a team of colleagues for the Team '23 Awards! Nominations are open through February 12.

In case you missed it: Check out and congratulate our Leaders of the Pack, especially winners @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ and @Theodora Boudale. Thanks to the Atlassian Foundation, each of them will receive $100 in Kiva credit that they can use to set up a microloan to a person in need. What more do you need than that – except, obviously, the ultimate glory and bragging rights of being at the top of the leaderboard. Our next Leaders of the Pack will be awarded on April 1, and remember - that includes a badge and giant points bonus for anyone who earns 5000 or more points or is in the top 25 of the leaderboard this quarter.

Bugs and errata: We have had user reports of blank feeds or lists of challenges in your kudos panel! If this happens to you, clearing your cache and cookies will usually fix the issue – we are investigating why this happens to some users and will work to make the system more reliable.

Also, the Save Me a Seat badge for event RSVPs is not awarded instantly. We’ve made some changes to the description of the badge to hopefully make this clearer. Badges are awarded every Friday; if it’s been more than two weeks and you haven’t gotten your badge yet, let us know. Once we get this running smoothly, we look forward to adding additional rewards for attending and even speaking at community events!

Finally…. We love program feedback! Please let us know what you love, what you don’t, and what you’d like to see us add to the program in the future.

17 comments

Comment

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Thanks for sharing the updates @Monique vdB !

Level 12 and above? At what level are these badges "unlocked"? I only see badges up to level 8 right now.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2023

Nice updates to the program @Monique vdB!

I wasn't aware about kiva, but seems awesome as an initiative! I'm looking forward to it! :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 18, 2023

@Dave Mathijs where are you looking at the levels? I'll make sure we update, there are 14 levels! 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

@Monique vdB 

This is the reference URL: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/<userid>?show=badges#details

In your profile under the tab Badges, you have a section called Levels:

I'm currently at Level 6 with Level 7 and 8 greyed out until achieved. However, I don't see more available levels here.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 07.58.05.png

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

@Dave Mathijs , @Monique vdB is referring to the kudos level :) 

kudos levels.png

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ Thanks for the clarification, I misunderstood.

@Monique vdB  You can disregard my remark.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 19, 2023

@Dave Mathijs ah, gotcha! I know it's a little confusing since we have those levels but we also have kudos levels. You are Level 12, Golden Seed.  You should be able to see your levels in the kudos panel at the top left.  

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 9.51.28 AM.png

Eventually we will make it more logical and unified!

Like # people like this
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2023

Thank you so much for sharing the updates @Monique vdB

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2023

Thanks for the great updates @Monique vdB! It's lovely to see the Kudo's program evolving! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 19, 2023

@Dave Mathijs weirdly I didn't see your comment before posting my response! But I'll leave it just in case it's helpful for others. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2023

@Monique vdB great update. Kudos has really increased the level of particiapation in questions, discussions and articles in the community. You deserve Kudos for that.

Come for the Kudos, stay for the Comradery

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

@Monique vdB thanks for the update. 
A Tree Should Be Planted For You

Like # people like this
Airyn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

Appreciate the update! Thanks, Team!

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2023

@Dave Mathijs 

just for Info, in the normal badges, you can also reach hidden levels 9+10

image.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 14, 2023

@Alexander Pappert Level 9 definitely doesn't exist. As you can see in the screenshot that clearly states "there is no Level 9." 😉

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2023

Well, I'm still waiting for the Harvest to finish ;)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Hitesh March 9, 2023

Hello All

Like Monique vdB likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events