🍪 The Great Atlassian Bake Off competition

atlassiabjaee.jpg

Community members - preheat your ovens! This holiday season we want to inspire you to get off Zoom and get into the kitchen to compete in the Great Atlassian Bake Off :star:.

The Great Atlassian Bake Off is the ultimate baking battle where passionate Atlassian community members compete to be crowned “Ace Baker.. (Ace is what we call the Atlassian logo). 

From Dec 2 - Dec 12you’ll have the chance to participate in a new kind of sprint - one that will put your teamwork/collaboration/technical skills to the test (in the kitchen) and will hopefully result in something delicious!

To compete for the title of ACE Baker, comment on this post to let us know that you’re participating! Then create a post (you can use this link) with the following information:

• How you chose your Atlassian-themed recipe*

• The actual recipe so we can include it in an Atlassian Community Cookbook

• A summary of how your bake went (highs + lows, how it tasted, who you shared it with)

• A photograph of your final creation

• Be sure to tag your post with #atlassianbakeoff. If you do use an Atlassian product, put your post in that collection. Otherwise, feel free to post it in this group! Wherever you put it, just make sure to use the #atlassianbakeoff tag. 

*You can chose any recipe to create! Cookies, meatloaf, cake, bread, salad (?!) will all be considered.

Tips for incorporating the Atlassian theme into your bake:

• Include the Atlassian logo

• Plan your bake/recipe with an Atlassian product

• Tell us about how teamwork and/or agile methodologies helped you in the process

Bonus points

• Include a video tutorial for your recipe (time-lapse would be amazing)!

• Include a video of a friend/family member/pet taste testing your creation

• Share your finished product on Linkedin, Instagram, and/or Twitter and use the tag #AtlassianBakeoff

The Atlassian Community Team will judge submissions based on a number of factors, including post engagement, recipe quality, and Atlassian tie-in. All participants will receive the Bake Off Badge, but only a few will receive the title and honor of Ace Baker!

Trellocal.png

64 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 2, 2021

I'm in! 

gbbo-bakeoff.gif

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 2, 2021

Cookies!

cookies.gif

Like # people like this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
December 2, 2021

SO PUMPED!!

cookiemonster.gif

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2021

I'm eating a cookie as I read this - how fitting! *googles recipe for cookies*

Like # people like this
Ashley Faus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2021

Here. For. It.

Great-British-Bake-Off-Mel-and-Matt.gif

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

I rolled my sleeves on 🍪

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
December 2, 2021

Scone time!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 2, 2021

I hope @Thomas Schlegel is planning to participate, because one of the contestants in this year's Bakeoff reminded me of him so much! (Jürgen, of course! They have the same accent. 😆)

it-is-incredible-british-baking-show.gif

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

TBH, I cannot cook or bake anything more complicated than scrambled eggs, and my wife can attest to that! But I needed to comment here because this idea is just too cool (and hunger inducing) to not participate in somehow!

The Most Interesting Man In The World - I don't ever cook But when I don't, I can always eat

Like # people like this
Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

Like # people like this
David Zhang
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2021

I am doing it

kiss the spatula.jpeg

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2021

I often joke about setting fire to the salad or burning the water because I am definitely not a good cook.  In reality, I'm not that bad - I usually do ok, but when I get it wrong, I get it very very wrong.

• I can't cook pastry (unless it's out of a packet). 
  • I can't cook meat (never bothered to learn). 
  • I absolutely can not bake with flour. 

If it's flour-based and more complex than a Yorkshire pudding, then it's going to be either sludge, concrete, or charcoal.

So I'm going to play the part of the Cookie Monster on this one - watch, appreciate and enjoy.  First target - the photo @Bridget posted to get you all started, that does look good...

Like # people like this
Ashley Faus
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2021

@Andy Gladstone lol maybe we need a category for "Best Taste Tester" 😂 I feel like you would top the list!

Like # people like this
Ashley Faus
Atlassian Team
December 2, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ICYMI... we live streamed a taste test (complete with scoring!) 😀 I felt my judge was tough but fair, ha!

On-demand if you wanna see the judging: https://www.linkedin.com/video/live/urn:li:ugcPost:6872320317763784704/

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2021

I'm IN! Oh gosh, that's the most epic challenge ever! 

salem-cake.gif

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2021

Count me in 😄

Like # people like this
Khawla Issaoui Creativas
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 3, 2021

giphy.gif

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

This would be a task for me! 

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2021

this challenge is for me

Oh yesssss 

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2021

I’m in! I love to cook most things especially grilling and BBQ. With well established roots in North Carolina and 18yrs in Austin Texas you have to be able to turn out a strong contender of pork shoulder or brisket.

@Ashley Faus , loved the live stream. Baking cakes is a weak spot in my cooking skills and if I attain medium fluff It is high-fives everywhere! Unlike Simon I choose pie over cake most of the time. Then again, if I have a choice, why not both!!

8C4A4785-C3C5-4B42-94E0-318B0C0B5D63.gif

Like # people like this
vlad_puhach December 3, 2021

I'm in!!!

Like # people like this
Lin Chen
Atlassian Team
December 3, 2021

Like # people like this
kwicker December 3, 2021

This is the greatest idea I've heard all year. Count me in.

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
December 3, 2021

@kwicker I credit British television 😂

Like Erica Moss likes this
Bridget
Community Manager
December 3, 2021

@Jack Brickey , BBQ totally counts if you want to make some for the bake off! 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events